Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

Tip Size & Thinning Rec. For Regal Aqua Glo

5K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  painterman 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, new to the site here. When i usually spray trim i am using pittsburgh paint, however, on my personal home i wanted to use the beni moore regal aqua glo. Have not sprayed this before, and due to the expensive nature of it, was wondering if you guys had any recommendation as to tip size and what thinning ratio you use. I was planning on using a 215 tip, and for thinning, had no idea. The stuff is fairly thick, and since i was not planning on backbrushing, would like to get a good consistency to avoid spitting from the gun. Thanks

#4 ·
I would use a 213 tip for the trim and a 413 for larger areas (like doors or bookshelves). The pressure needs to be at about 1900 psi. I would also make sure I had a fine filter in the gun. I used a Flotrol type product to thin it, and thinned it just enough so it would lay down nicely. It was a very small amount of Flotrol, maybe 3 capfuls per gallon.

#10 ·
When I was first learning about tips and kept seeing all this documentation that you should match orifice size by product applied. While that may be broadly true if you read what's specified on most Latex cans you'd never shoot smaller than 15. I've never had a problem taking a latex down to ten although I usually like a 13 for trim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.