Titan Capspray HVLP spraying air, but no paint - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Tools, Equipment & Safety > Tools, Supplies and Equipment

Old 09-07-2015, 04:48 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 122
View jw129943's Photo Album My Photos
Default Titan Capspray HVLP spraying air, but no paint

Hey everyone,

Posting here, because I haven't been able to figure this one out myself. I have a Titan Capspray 95 HVLP turbine system, with two guns. One gun is working fine, the other one is only spraying air, but no paint. I have cleaned both of them inside out thinking this would solve the problem, but when I tried it again today, the one still isn't spraying paint. I have an order for some check valves and new gasket seals, but I tried putting the check valve from the working gun, on to the non-working gun, and still had no success.

Has anyone encountered this issue with their HVLP turbine system (regardless of whether it's a Capspray). Usually I can figure these things out, but this time I'm at a loss.

P.S. - It doesn't seem to matter what I put in the spray cup either - I've tried thinned paint, water based poly, etc...

Thanks in advance,
Jenny
jw129943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2015, 07:27 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 42
Thanked 1,066 Times in 595 Posts
View driftweed's Photo Album My Photos

Tear the gun apart, soak it in "naked gun" and see if that helps. It's worked for me
driftweed is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to driftweed For This Useful Post:
jw129943 (09-10-2015)
Old 09-18-2015, 04:43 PM   #3
BPC

Rewards Points: 136
View BPC's Photo Album My Photos

Adjuster may be turned down, then check valve clogged where it goes into gun or out of can. If you hace the newest gun i have installed double check valves . Throughly clean the pick up tube sometimes it get restricted. Check the adjustment nut around the needle the packing may be shot.
BPC is offline   Reply With Quote