One of the best ways to start the year- having fun!! - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Paint Talk Community > Off Topic (Non Trade)

Like Tree8Likes
  • 6 Post By ridesarize
  • 1 Post By fauxlynn
  • 1 Post By Wildbill7145

Old 01-02-2017, 12:44 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 506
View ridesarize's Photo Album My Photos
Default One of the best ways to start the year- having fun!!

Happy New Year everyone! I hope you all had a good year, and that we all have a prosperous and healthy 2017.

This post goes along with the theme of "How to avoid burning out."

I had a great day for New Year's Day today, getting out on a mountain bike for a group ride up Green Mountain in the snow. I was invited out by the local bike shop, and met up with them and members from a great mountain bike club (Evergreen MTB Alliance) that supports local efforts to maintain forests and trails and relationships with all the trail users.

We rode up about 5 miles up rocky and snowy trails, and congregated at a horse camp where the local horsemen club hosted a delicious pancake feed with eggs, pancakes, sausage, coffee and a bonfire. To say the least it was very enjoyable and it's positive effects will be with me for sometime. Also I was able to ride out on a bike that I'm taking on an extended test ride. This was the third ride so far on it and it is very nice and quiet riding compared to my other bike, (chain rattles, etc). It's a carbon fiber framed, 29" wheeled, 2015 Cannondale "Scalpel", known for it's race inspired cross country qualities. Still full suspension.

We had a blast trying to ride up on 6" to a foot of snow. And the crazy, somewhat out of control descending had many of us whooping and holering and tumbling to the ground a couple times.

On Friday I had a small scope of work for the day. So I prepped a room's walls and some trim, sprayed a coat of paint on the walls, and then went to a nearby, new-to-me riding spot at a state park with forest trails and a lake. (Anderson lake, Chimacum, ,WA). Rode awesome trails for a bit, then clocked back in to spray a second coat on the walls, clean up etc. Then that evening I did a night/rain trail ride covering cross country and technical downhill trails at another location. Truely was a glorious balance of work and play, and I loved it.

So keep in mind to get out there and live an active life to keep you feeling young.

What are you all up that will put a smile on your face and keeps you going between the working days?
Attached Thumbnails
One of the best ways to start the year- having fun!!-20170101_105838.jpg  

One of the best ways to start the year- having fun!!-20170101_104131.jpg  

One of the best ways to start the year- having fun!!-20170101_092143.jpg  

One of the best ways to start the year- having fun!!-20170101_111646.jpg  

Last edited by ridesarize; 01-02-2017 at 12:47 AM..
ridesarize is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ridesarize For This Useful Post:
RH (01-02-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2017, 04:41 AM   #2
very senior member

Rewards Points: 626
Thanked 5,307 Times in 3,228 Posts
View chrisn's Photo Album My Photos

Pretty country out there
chrisn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 06:01 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 668
Thanked 4,479 Times in 2,816 Posts
View cdpainting's Photo Album My Photos

Just waking up is good enough for me. Between the Holidays and Carly's brother passing away and his birthday the 30th of December, It's been a very tough couple of weeks. We cleaned our schedule for week #3. We will start up next week again.
cdpainting is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2017, 06:54 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 32
View Pete the Painter's Photo Album My Photos

It has been a bit hectic to say the least for me.
I am going up into the mountains to do some backpacking this upcoming weekend and some much needed time away from everything. Luckily there are a lot of people around to help out my wife if anything comes up while I am gone.
I have been wanting to get a mountain bike to enjoy the many trails around here in the Winter. I am not a fan of riding my road bike in the cold.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
www.paintercapeann.com
Pete the Painter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 08:09 PM   #5
I'm Fabulous!

Rewards Points: 232
Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,333 Posts
View fauxlynn's Photo Album My Photos

I went sledding for a couple hours up north, hadn't done that in a while......I felt younger until the next morning
slinger58 likes this.
Old 01-02-2017, 11:26 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 506
View ridesarize's Photo Album My Photos

That's awesome you guys. Fauxlynn you gave a very accurate description of going sledding and feeling it the next day. It is so worth feeling like a kid just for a brief moment though.

Pete, have fun on that trip, it would be awesome to look forward to that. I heard sealskin brand socks are worth every penny. (Feet will not get wet at all)

CD, that is hard going through everything, I'm sorry. I hope you guys can get through best as possible and take that time off and somehow unwind or recover.
fauxlynn (01-03-2017)
Old 01-03-2017, 12:14 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridesarize View Post
That's awesome you guys. Fauxlynn you gave a very accurate description of going sledding and feeling it the next day. It is so worth feeling like a kid just for a brief moment though.

Pete, have fun on that trip, it would be awesome to look forward to that. I heard sealskin brand socks are worth every penny. (Feet will not get wet at all)

CD, that is hard going through everything, I'm sorry. I hope you guys can get through best as possible and take that time off and somehow unwind or recover.
Doh, I had to postpone my weekend in thr woods. Temp is going to be -47 with the wind chill. I do not mind the cold, but I have my limits. Maybe a brisk walk in some local woods.

www.paintercapeann.com
Old 01-03-2017, 01:54 PM   #8

Rewards Points: 856
Thanked 3,930 Times in 2,042 Posts
View Wildbill7145's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete the Painter View Post
Doh, I had to postpone my weekend in thr woods. Temp is going to be -47 with the wind chill. I do not mind the cold, but I have my limits. Maybe a brisk walk in some local woods.

Holy crap. With temps like that the only brisk walk I'd be making is towards my woodstove! This whole winter I've seen you guys in the US posting temperatures that make my teeth chatter and meanwhile up here today, we're sitting at a blustery 38F! Feeling a little unCanadian.
ridesarize likes this.
Old 01-03-2017, 04:35 PM   #9

Rewards Points: 1,212
Thanked 4,165 Times in 2,740 Posts
View PACman's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildbill7145 View Post
Holy crap. With temps like that the only brisk walk I'd be making is towards my woodstove! This whole winter I've seen you guys in the US posting temperatures that make my teeth chatter and meanwhile up here today, we're sitting at a blustery 38F! Feeling a little unCanadian.
Must be the global warming thingy. It only hits Canada now.

"Screw you guys! I'm going home!" Cartmann
PACman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 09:08 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildbill7145 View Post
The -47 will be about 3 hours north of me in the mountains. On the Massachusetts' coast I think it is going to be in the 20s.

www.paintercapeann.com