Pictures of Your Dog(s) - Page 55 - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Paint Talk Community > Off Topic (Non Trade)


Like Tree120Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2017, 01:18 PM   #1081
Moderator
 
Wildbill7145's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,918
Rewards Points: 716
Thanks: 3,473
Thanked 3,904 Times in 2,021 Posts
View Wildbill7145's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Oh, for sure there needs to be a vetting process. Gonna confuse the hell out of the dog if they keep getting returned. It was just weird. We had references including several breeders, two different dog trainers, our vet and the damn deputy mayor of our town! I guess at the end of the day, they have their policies and we just didn't fit.

One other condition the place had was acceptance of unannounced dropins for inspection/evaluation of the living conditions of the dog for the duration of its life. We read elsewhere, they weren't just saying that either. They were having volunteers showing up at peoples houses years after adopting demanding to be let in or surrender the animal.
__________________
February has arrived. Please yield to oncoming traffic.
Wildbill7145 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-13-2017, 02:33 PM   #1082
RH
Moderator
 
RH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Oregon
Posts: 15,029
Rewards Points: 10,516
Thanks: 10,287
Thanked 14,478 Times in 7,390 Posts
View RH's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildbill7145 View Post
Oh, for sure there needs to be a vetting process. Gonna confuse the hell out of the dog if they keep getting returned. It was just weird. We had references including several breeders, two different dog trainers, our vet and the damn deputy mayor of our town! I guess at the end of the day, they have their policies and we just didn't fit.

One other condition the place had was acceptance of unannounced dropins for inspection/evaluation of the living conditions of the dog for the duration of its life. We read elsewhere, they weren't just saying that either. They were having volunteers showing up at peoples houses years after adopting demanding to be let in or surrender the animal.
This all reminds me of when we got our first Corgi. The breeder was an odd duck (they all seem to be actually) and I swear she spent more time asking us questions than the gal from the state did when we adopted our son - really! Of course the breeder all tend to know each other in a certain area so once we had one, getting our second and third was easier. Seems to be a notion that once you have made it as a Corgi owner you are considered "acceptable" by all the rest. The gal we got Stevie from was actually very good and pretty normal about it - probably our easiest and most enjoyable dog adopting experience out of the three.

I wouldn't adopt from an organization that had the requirements you are describing. That's just plain nuts. I can see caring about the potential owners and all but since the goal is to find homes for their animals, seems they have an odd way of trying to accomplish that goal.
__________________
"I'm sure glad you called me. There's no room for amateurs in this game."

John Goodman - "Arachnophobia"

Last edited by RH; 02-14-2017 at 12:19 AM..
RH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 05:09 PM   #1083
Junior Member
 
Eagle Cap Painter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Eastern Oregon
Posts: 29
Rewards Points: 58
Thanks: 19
Thanked 26 Times in 10 Posts
View Eagle Cap Painter's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Speaking of Corgis, here's my helper on a recent job. And some random mutts I've watched when family and friends went out of town this winter.
Attached Thumbnails
Pictures of Your Dog(s)-img_20170103_135516.jpg  

Pictures of Your Dog(s)-img_20161016_013213.jpg  

Pictures of Your Dog(s)-img_20161222_085919.jpg  

Pictures of Your Dog(s)-img_20170111_105537.jpg  

SemiproJohn and Wildbill7145 like this.
Eagle Cap Painter is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Eagle Cap Painter For This Useful Post:
RH (02-14-2017)
 
Old 02-13-2017, 05:53 PM   #1084
RH
Moderator
 
RH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Oregon
Posts: 15,029
Rewards Points: 10,516
Thanks: 10,287
Thanked 14,478 Times in 7,390 Posts
View RH's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle Cap Painter View Post
Speaking of Corgis, here's my helper on a recent job. And some random mutts I've watched when family and friends went out of town this winter.
Lol - they do like to be on their backs a lot.

Also, had to do a double take to determine that was paint on the Corgi's nose. Doesn't surprise me a bit - they typically have to be inspecting everything.
__________________
"I'm sure glad you called me. There's no room for amateurs in this game."

John Goodman - "Arachnophobia"

Last edited by RH; 02-14-2017 at 12:16 AM..
RH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 09:40 PM   #1085
RH
Moderator
 
RH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Oregon
Posts: 15,029
Rewards Points: 10,516
Thanks: 10,287
Thanked 14,478 Times in 7,390 Posts
View RH's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Although not a big fan of having to paint some rooms in my own home this week, I have to admit that the support staff is pretty nice.
Attached Thumbnails
Pictures of Your Dog(s)-img_1271.jpg  

chrisn and Underdog like this.
__________________
"I'm sure glad you called me. There's no room for amateurs in this game."

John Goodman - "Arachnophobia"
RH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 10:27 AM   #1086
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Bend, OR
Posts: 73
Rewards Points: 38
Thanks: 10
Thanked 20 Times in 15 Posts
View ThreeSistersPainting's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Rescued our doxie pin 2.5 years ago. She was 7 lbs when we got her, and they told us she was 2 years old. More like 2 months! She is now around 30 lbs. great with our kids, never barks, and constantly trying to snuggle in blankets lol
Attached Thumbnails
Pictures of Your Dog(s)-img_0734_1487255083566.jpg  

Pictures of Your Dog(s)-img_0732_1487255098405.jpg  

Pictures of Your Dog(s)-img_0512_1487255168649.jpg  

Pictures of Your Dog(s)-img_0363_1487255233917.jpg  

ThreeSistersPainting is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ThreeSistersPainting For This Useful Post:
RH (02-16-2017)
Old 02-16-2017, 07:15 PM   #1087
very senior member
 
chrisn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hagerstown md
Posts: 9,029
Rewards Points: 436
Thanks: 3,431
Thanked 5,264 Times in 3,203 Posts
View chrisn's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH View Post
This all reminds me of when we got our first Corgi. The breeder was an odd duck (they all seem to be actually) and I swear she spent more time asking us questions than the gal from the state did when we adopted our son - really! Of course the breeder all tend to know each other in a certain area so once we had one, getting our second and third was easier. Seems to be a notion that once you have made it as a Corgi owner you are considered "acceptable" by all the rest. The gal we got Stevie from was actually very good and pretty normal about it - probably our easiest and most enjoyable dog adopting experience out of the three.

I wouldn't adopt from an organization that had the requirements you are describing. That's just plain nuts. I can see caring about the potential owners and all but since the goal is to find homes for their animals, seems they have an odd way of trying to accomplish that goal.
We had that experience when we got our little mutt. Unbelievable the vetting we went through. The boss of the operation even came down here to Maryland from Philadelphia to make sure the yard was secure( the fence was proper and the little beast could not escape)
chrisn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chrisn For This Useful Post:
RH (02-16-2017), Wildbill7145 (02-16-2017)
Old 02-16-2017, 11:39 PM   #1088
RH
Moderator
 
RH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Oregon
Posts: 15,029
Rewards Points: 10,516
Thanks: 10,287
Thanked 14,478 Times in 7,390 Posts
View RH's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisn View Post
We had that experience when we got our little mutt. Unbelievable the vetting we went through. The boss of the operation even came down here to Maryland from Philadelphia to make sure the yard was secure( the fence was proper and the little beast could not escape)
The dog or the boss?
__________________
"I'm sure glad you called me. There's no room for amateurs in this game."

John Goodman - "Arachnophobia"
RH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 04:26 AM   #1089
very senior member
 
chrisn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hagerstown md
Posts: 9,029
Rewards Points: 436
Thanks: 3,431
Thanked 5,264 Times in 3,203 Posts
View chrisn's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH View Post
The dog or the boss?
both
chrisn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chrisn For This Useful Post:
RH (02-17-2017)
Old 02-19-2017, 05:25 PM   #1090
RH
Moderator
 
RH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Oregon
Posts: 15,029
Rewards Points: 10,516
Thanks: 10,287
Thanked 14,478 Times in 7,390 Posts
View RH's Photo Album My Photos
Default

***XX
Attached Thumbnails
Pictures of Your Dog(s)-16142936_10154497414568208_8643947448544389301_n.jpg  

Underdog and lilpaintchic like this.
__________________
"I'm sure glad you called me. There's no room for amateurs in this game."

John Goodman - "Arachnophobia"
RH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 03:57 AM   #1091
very senior member
 
chrisn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hagerstown md
Posts: 9,029
Rewards Points: 436
Thanks: 3,431
Thanked 5,264 Times in 3,203 Posts
View chrisn's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH View Post
***XX
I learned(the hard way) NOT to try and take whatever it is, away from them
chrisn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chrisn For This Useful Post:
RH (02-20-2017)
Old 02-20-2017, 09:51 AM   #1092
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Auburn, Wa
Posts: 1,960
Rewards Points: 10
Thanks: 2,963
Thanked 1,388 Times in 812 Posts
View lilpaintchic's Photo Album My Photos
Default

lilpaintchic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lilpaintchic For This Useful Post:
RH (02-20-2017)
Old 02-20-2017, 09:55 AM   #1093
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Auburn, Wa
Posts: 1,960
Rewards Points: 10
Thanks: 2,963
Thanked 1,388 Times in 812 Posts
View lilpaintchic's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Look who grew! Zelda (and one of about 30 stuffed animals she has) now weighs in at 64lbs....Shasta (her bearded buddy) still weighs 44. I miss them being small....
And Zelda snuck a stick in apparently...:/ could be worse I suppose.
lilpaintchic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lilpaintchic For This Useful Post:
RH (02-20-2017)
Old 02-20-2017, 06:55 PM   #1094
RH
Moderator
 
RH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Oregon
Posts: 15,029
Rewards Points: 10,516
Thanks: 10,287
Thanked 14,478 Times in 7,390 Posts
View RH's Photo Album My Photos
Default

***XX
Attached Thumbnails
Pictures of Your Dog(s)-16864152_1636017596422381_7905554989014142086_n.jpg  

__________________
"I'm sure glad you called me. There's no room for amateurs in this game."

John Goodman - "Arachnophobia"
RH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 07:41 PM   #1095
Senior Member
 
PACman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: North central Ohio
Posts: 6,946
Rewards Points: 806
Thanks: 2,985
Thanked 4,122 Times in 2,703 Posts
View PACman's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisn View Post
I learned(the hard way) NOT to try and take whatever it is, away from them
It's actually pretty easy if you know the trick. It'll piss them off for a while but I took a piece of chicken out of a police trained German shepherds mouth once. Grab them under their mouth from behind and squeeze between their upper and lower jaws. They don't have the strength or leverage to keep their mouth from opening if you do it this way. It takes some balls though, that's for sure. But it has worked every time I've had to do it even with my old husky and my nieces pitbull. If you need to to keep them from injuring themselves it is a good thing to know.

I don't think i want to try it on an adult male lion though.
chrisn and Wildbill7145 like this.
__________________
"One who dares not offend cannot be honest." Thomas Paine-patriot

"Screw you guys! I'm going home!" Cartmann
PACman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 08:28 PM   #1096
RH
Moderator
 
RH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Oregon
Posts: 15,029
Rewards Points: 10,516
Thanks: 10,287
Thanked 14,478 Times in 7,390 Posts
View RH's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACman View Post
It's actually pretty easy if you know the trick. It'll piss them off for a while but I took a piece of chicken out of a police trained German shepherds mouth once. Grab them under their mouth from behind and squeeze between their upper and lower jaws. They don't have the strength or leverage to keep their mouth from opening if you do it this way. It takes some balls though, that's for sure. But it has worked every time I've had to do it even with my old husky and my nieces pitbull. If you need to to keep them from injuring themselves it is a good thing to know.

I don't think i want to try it on an adult male lion though.
Sounds like a good way to lose them.
chrisn likes this.
__________________
"I'm sure glad you called me. There's no room for amateurs in this game."

John Goodman - "Arachnophobia"
RH is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Google search for pictures SouthFloridaPainter Technology (websites, computers, etc..) 11 11-22-2011 10:58 AM
Pictures one man show General Painting Discussion 2 11-23-2010 12:33 AM
pictures Rob Photos of Project and Equipment 10 06-03-2010 12:26 AM
A few pictures Rcon Photos of Project and Equipment 19 12-14-2009 05:23 AM
Not his pictures... Kelly Painting Off Topic (Non Trade) 15 11-27-2008 08:58 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Our Pro Sites Network
ContractorTalk.com | DrywallTalk.com | ElectricianTalk.com | HVACSite.com | PlumbingZone.com | RoofingTalk.com