Something missing - Page 3 - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Paint Talk Community > Off Topic (Non Trade)


Like Tree55Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2017, 08:15 AM   #41
Save 2nd base!

 
ProWallGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: St. Louis MO
Posts: 6,389
Rewards Points: 4,538
Thanks: 3,383
Thanked 4,337 Times in 1,893 Posts
View ProWallGuy's Photo Album My Photos
Default

ProWallGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ProWallGuy For This Useful Post:
RH (01-06-2017), Wolfgang (01-06-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-06-2017, 09:12 AM   #42
Senior Member
 
PACman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: North central Ohio
Posts: 6,759
Rewards Points: 432
Thanks: 2,984
Thanked 4,092 Times in 2,675 Posts
View PACman's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdpaint View Post
If something doesn't get going on this site, I swear imma gonna post a "best brush???" thread. Don't make me do it...for the love of sweet baby jeebus
February is just around the corner, be patient my friend.
__________________
"One who dares not offend cannot be honest." Thomas Paine-patriot

"Screw you guys! I'm going home!" Cartmann
PACman is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PACman For This Useful Post:
kdpaint (01-06-2017)
Old 01-06-2017, 11:24 AM   #43
Administrator
 
Cricket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,150
Rewards Points: 3,865
Thanks: 1,584
Thanked 2,215 Times in 877 Posts
View Cricket's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Do we need a new Behr thread?

Or, I could move your smilies around again to see how many people go off the deep end over it.
__________________
Join PaintTalk.com on Facebook today! facebook.com/painttalk
Cricket is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cricket For This Useful Post:
Wildbill7145 (01-06-2017)
Old 01-06-2017, 12:09 PM   #44
Senior Member
 
epretot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 1,738
Rewards Points: 2,024
Thanks: 603
Thanked 1,500 Times in 737 Posts
View epretot's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisn View Post
CD is actually real
You must have inside information.
__________________
www.pretotspainting.com
epretot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 01:17 PM   #45
RH
Moderator
 
RH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Oregon
Posts: 14,656
Rewards Points: 9,786
Thanks: 10,094
Thanked 14,333 Times in 7,294 Posts
View RH's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACman View Post
February is just around the corner, be patient my friend.
In preparation for next month, Cricket has been meeting with each of the mods and giving us her annual, "February is coming!!!", pep talk.
Attached Images
 
__________________
"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me, because I'd like to hear it again."

Groucho Marx
RH is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RH For This Useful Post:
Rbriggs82 (01-07-2017), Wildbill7145 (01-06-2017)
Old 01-06-2017, 01:23 PM   #46
Senior Member
 
PACman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: North central Ohio
Posts: 6,759
Rewards Points: 432
Thanks: 2,984
Thanked 4,092 Times in 2,675 Posts
View PACman's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH View Post
In preparation for next month, Cricket has been meeting with each of the mods and giving us her annual, "February is coming!!!", pep talk.
Is there extra bacon involved as well?
__________________
"One who dares not offend cannot be honest." Thomas Paine-patriot

"Screw you guys! I'm going home!" Cartmann
PACman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 01:24 PM   #47
Senior Member
 
PACman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: North central Ohio
Posts: 6,759
Rewards Points: 432
Thanks: 2,984
Thanked 4,092 Times in 2,675 Posts
View PACman's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
Do we need a new Behr thread?

Or, I could move your smilies around again to see how many people go off the deep end over it.
NO we do NOT need a new Behr thread! One all encompassing thread will be fine.
__________________
"One who dares not offend cannot be honest." Thomas Paine-patriot

"Screw you guys! I'm going home!" Cartmann
PACman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 01:37 PM   #48
Moderator
 
Wildbill7145's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,717
Rewards Points: 314
Thanks: 3,413
Thanked 3,809 Times in 1,954 Posts
View Wildbill7145's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACman View Post
Is there extra bacon involved as well?
Ban for sullying the honour of the mods on this forum by implying we can be bribed into performing our duties of maintaining the safe and orderly operation of this interweb forum for painting professionals and those in the related trades with succulent pork products.
__________________
February is coming. Please yield to oncoming traffic.
Wildbill7145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 02:32 PM   #49
Senior Member
 
PACman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: North central Ohio
Posts: 6,759
Rewards Points: 432
Thanks: 2,984
Thanked 4,092 Times in 2,675 Posts
View PACman's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildbill7145 View Post
Ban for sullying the honour of the mods on this forum by implying we can be bribed into performing our duties of maintaining the safe and orderly operation of this interweb forum for painting professionals and those in the related trades with succulent pork products.
Ok. I guess i'll keep these succulent pork products for myself them!
__________________
"One who dares not offend cannot be honest." Thomas Paine-patriot

"Screw you guys! I'm going home!" Cartmann
PACman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 07:30 PM   #50
very senior member
 
chrisn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hagerstown md
Posts: 8,909
Rewards Points: 196
Thanks: 3,369
Thanked 5,211 Times in 3,169 Posts
View chrisn's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by epretot View Post
You must have inside information.
I have been to his home town but actually never saw him in the flesh, but am pretty sure he is real
chrisn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 07:36 PM   #51
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Central Florida/Mount Dora
Posts: 1,922
Rewards Points: 30
Thanks: 4,582
Thanked 2,240 Times in 1,156 Posts
View SemiproJohn's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildbill7145 View Post
Ban for sullying the honour of the mods on this forum by implying we can be bribed into performing our duties of maintaining the safe and orderly operation of this interweb forum for painting professionals and those in the related trades with succulent pork products.
That's quite the sentence. I was looking for a place where a comma or something...anything....was needed due to its length. I could find no fault. Well done sir.

I gave you a pass on your spelling of the word honor. Honour seems regal and your use of it reminds me of how the English spell certain words. Perhaps it's a Canadian thing?
slinger58 and Wildbill7145 like this.
__________________
We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
SemiproJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 09:22 PM   #52
RH
Moderator
 
RH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Oregon
Posts: 14,656
Rewards Points: 9,786
Thanks: 10,094
Thanked 14,333 Times in 7,294 Posts
View RH's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemiproJohn View Post
That's quite the sentence. I was looking for a place where a comma or something...anything....was needed due to its length. I could find no fault. Well done sir.

I gave you a pass on your spelling of the word honor. Honour seems regal and your use of it reminds me of how the English spell certain words. Perhaps it's a Canadian thing?
Yeah, throwing that extra u in there is their way of being all hottie-tottie.
SemiproJohn likes this.
__________________
"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me, because I'd like to hear it again."

Groucho Marx
RH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 07:55 AM   #53
Moderator
 
Wildbill7145's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,717
Rewards Points: 314
Thanks: 3,413
Thanked 3,809 Times in 1,954 Posts
View Wildbill7145's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH View Post
Yeah, throwing that extra u in there is their way of being all hottie-tottie.
Hoity toity. Sir.

Yup, we like our vowels up here and use them generously. Always drives me nuts when things put a big glaring red underline beneath words you know you're spelling correctly. Correctly for Canada, that is. Or worse, when it auto corrects you and changes the spelling for you. That really makes me mad. If that happens, I force myself to choose a different word.

Frustrating when you're installing software and you get to the language selection part. 99% of the time there's a "US (English)", but no "Canadian (English)" option. It's like they don't even care...
SemiproJohn likes this.
__________________
February is coming. Please yield to oncoming traffic.
Wildbill7145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 09:18 AM   #54
Senior Member
 
PACman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: North central Ohio
Posts: 6,759
Rewards Points: 432
Thanks: 2,984
Thanked 4,092 Times in 2,675 Posts
View PACman's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemiproJohn View Post
That's quite the sentence. I was looking for a place where a comma or something...anything....was needed due to its length. I could find no fault. Well done sir.

I gave you a pass on your spelling of the word honor. Honour seems regal and your use of it reminds me of how the English spell certain words. Perhaps it's a Canadian thing?
I was digging the use of the word "succulent" myself.
SemiproJohn likes this.
__________________
"One who dares not offend cannot be honest." Thomas Paine-patriot

"Screw you guys! I'm going home!" Cartmann
PACman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 09:21 AM   #55
Senior Member
 
PACman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: North central Ohio
Posts: 6,759
Rewards Points: 432
Thanks: 2,984
Thanked 4,092 Times in 2,675 Posts
View PACman's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildbill7145 View Post
Hoity toity. Sir.

Yup, we like our vowels up here and use them generously. Always drives me nuts when things put a big glaring red underline beneath words you know you're spelling correctly. Correctly for Canada, that is. Or worse, when it auto corrects you and changes the spelling for you. That really makes me mad. If that happens, I force myself to choose a different word.

Frustrating when you're installing software and you get to the language selection part. 99% of the time there's a "US (English)", but no "Canadian (English)" option. It's like they don't even care...
There is a Canadian english option on Facebook. At least there used to be. But then again they have 200 different gender options. They even have south Estonian as a language option. I didn't even know Estonia was big enough to have a south and a north!
__________________
"One who dares not offend cannot be honest." Thomas Paine-patriot

"Screw you guys! I'm going home!" Cartmann
PACman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 12:18 PM   #56
RH
Moderator
 
RH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Oregon
Posts: 14,656
Rewards Points: 9,786
Thanks: 10,094
Thanked 14,333 Times in 7,294 Posts
View RH's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildbill7145 View Post
Hoity toity. Sir.

Yup, we like our vowels up here and use them generously. Always drives me nuts when things put a big glaring red underline beneath words you know you're spelling correctly. Correctly for Canada, that is. Or worse, when it auto corrects you and changes the spelling for you. That really makes me mad. If that happens, I force myself to choose a different word.

Frustrating when you're installing software and you get to the language selection part. 99% of the time there's a "US (English)", but no "Canadian (English)" option. It's like they don't even care...
That looks better. I tried looiking it up to try and check but never could find a spelling option.

And as for the latter, well, we don't.
chrisn, slinger58 and Wildbill7145 like this.
__________________
"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me, because I'd like to hear it again."

Groucho Marx
RH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 12:51 PM   #57
Moderator
 
Wildbill7145's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,717
Rewards Points: 314
Thanks: 3,413
Thanked 3,809 Times in 1,954 Posts
View Wildbill7145's Photo Album My Photos
Default

At the end of the day, with everyone using cel phones for literally everything; I'm beginning to question whether or not spelling things correctly is even a thing anymore. I have to wonder if it's laziness or lack of caring when people spell words atrociously horribly, then don't even bother going back to correct things. But then again, I can be a nit at times.

My wife sends me text messages sometimes that are so garbled, I can't even begin to understand what she's trying to say. Then when I ask her, she says "U n o whart I ment!" She's actually a good speller when not using her phone. Sometimes she even tries to convey sentences purely by use of emojis which drives me up the wall.
__________________
February is coming. Please yield to oncoming traffic.
Wildbill7145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 01:12 PM   #58
RH
Moderator
 
RH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Oregon
Posts: 14,656
Rewards Points: 9,786
Thanks: 10,094
Thanked 14,333 Times in 7,294 Posts
View RH's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildbill7145 View Post
At the end of the day, with everyone using cel phones for literally everything; I'm beginning to question whether or not spelling things correctly is even a thing anymore. I have to wonder if it's laziness or lack of caring when people spell words atrociously horribly, then don't even bother going back to correct things. But then again, I can be a nit at times.

My wife sends me text messages sometimes that are so garbled, I can't even begin to understand what she's trying to say. Then when I ask her, she says "U n o whart I ment!" She's actually a good speller when not using her phone. Sometimes she even tries to convey sentences purely by use of emojis which drives me up the wall.
Spelling hell, how about simply using capital letters? I've been emailing with a client recently who is out of state. Never met him but figure he has to be at least my age or older and the guy doesn't use a single capital letter in an entire message. Drives me fricken' crazy. Of course, I use them even when texting as well as spelling out words completely rather than abbreviating them - which I am told may be considered by some to be passive aggresive behavior in today's texting world.
slinger58 and SemiproJohn like this.
__________________
"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me, because I'd like to hear it again."

Groucho Marx

Last edited by RH; 01-07-2017 at 01:15 PM..
RH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 01:14 PM   #59
King Dude
 
Rbriggs82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 5,433
Rewards Points: 116
Thanks: 4,644
Thanked 4,672 Times in 2,612 Posts
View Rbriggs82's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH View Post
Spelling hell, how about simply using capital letters? I've been emailing with a client recently who is out of state. Never met him but figure he has to be at least my age or older and the guy doesn't use a single capital letter in an entire message. Drives me fricken' crazy.
It must be getting hard to see thru all the red pen circles on you screen.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
Wildbill7145 likes this.
Rbriggs82 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rbriggs82 For This Useful Post:
slinger58 (01-07-2017), Wildbill7145 (01-07-2017)
Old 01-07-2017, 01:16 PM   #60
RH
Moderator
 
RH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Oregon
Posts: 14,656
Rewards Points: 9,786
Thanks: 10,094
Thanked 14,333 Times in 7,294 Posts
View RH's Photo Album My Photos
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbriggs82 View Post
It must be getting hard to see thru all the red pen circles on you screen.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk
You have no idea. (BTW, "you" just got circled.)
__________________
"If you've heard this story before, don't stop me, because I'd like to hear it again."

Groucho Marx
RH is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Missing appointments ... thinkpainting/nick General Painting Discussion 11 04-04-2016 07:59 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Our Pro Sites Network
ContractorTalk.com | DrywallTalk.com | ElectricianTalk.com | HVACSite.com | PlumbingZone.com | RoofingTalk.com