Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

18'' rollers: Which brand frame/roller cover?

20K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  driftweed 
#1 ·
Never used an 18'' roller before and I have a big ceiling that needs to be finish coated: I primed it today with my 9'' roller and it took some time. Thinking the 18'' could help me finish this job a lot faster.

Which brand frame and roller covers do you use?

#11 ·
Just like the majority say go with wooster 18", I'll have to agree.

I ended up with a purdy, which has been working for me just fine. The clearance to the edge of what you're painting is worse than a wooster though, so mines now dedicated for driveway coatings. Going to pick up a wooster when I get an interior job. :thumbup:

#14 ·
The Cutting Edge said:
I have the Purdy 18" as well. I'd trade it for a Wooster any day of the week. The arms on mine won't stay set so I have to move them back in every 15 min.
I agree with this. My Purdy adjustable 18" frame always came loose. I don't use it anymore. I've had a few 18" naps come out of the frame mid-roll and fall down sets of new construction stairs. I just use 14" rollers now on the green Wooster frame with a thick nap. No problems.

#15 ·
You definitely want the wooster frame with the wingnuts, and a sherlock gt pole so it doesn't spin.

As for covers, I use arroworthy microfiber almost exclusively. I've tried sherwin's microfiber and wooster's, but I think the arroworthy is better than either of them.

The colossus nap is garbage, kinda like rolling with short string of spaghetti, it doesn't leave a good finish, and doesn't hold much paint so you have to dip a lot more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.