CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > General Painting Discussion

Old 03-06-2012, 07:42 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 25
View stevesonsiteservices's Photo Album My Photos
Default Color Wheel Paint, what are your thoughts

I have never used color wheel paint before except for the other day when my client bought the paint. I am a Sherwin Williams fan and always will be. My experience with it was horrible! Two coats and still the old color bled through. What crappy paint. I think I could have gotten better results with water mixed with food coloring. But I was wondering how there exterior paint was. Clients are pretty cheap right now and I was thinking I could use color wheel for people that just want paint on there walls. What are your thoughts on the paint. Thanks.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Old 03-06-2012, 08:06 PM   #2

View team 911's Photo Album My Photos

Before I started using sw I had a guy I worked for who used nothing but color wheel you said it Junk stay away do yourself a favor and less headache use what you know

team 911 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:23 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 194
View the paintman's Photo Album My Photos

It might be the products you guys are using. Where you guys from and what products? I use it every day for 20 years without issues. And SWP too.
the paintman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:34 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by the paintman View Post
It might be the products you guys are using. Where you guys from and what products? I use it every day for 20 years without issues. And SWP too.
I think I will start trying it out a couple more times to get a good sense of direction with it. The price is what I love about it. More money in my pocket the more I can put into the company. Do you have issues with its hiding capability. thanks.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:58 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 194
View the paintman's Photo Album My Photos

Actually my experience has been just the opposite. They have some of the easiest paints to use I have ever used. And yes best prices too. Make no mistake they are professional grade. This business model was started with the contractor in mind. Not the homeowner. Thier HiHide flat is a great 1 heavy coat sprayed (on knock down or two med coats crossprayed on slick finish) product for nc on cielings in "Oyster White"color. Thier low lustre is some of the best hiding satin wall paint. Thier optima brand super acrylic, thier Flex lox and thier Tropicoat are all good exterior products. Thier service and system of coloring and consistency for repeating a color has surpased any company I have used.

This is a local boy done good family business story. They sold to Comex 6 years ago at the peak of the market. Comex is a huge mexican company that likes to buy regional US companies, like frazee and 5 or 6 others. The sale at the peak made for a very blessed family to say the least. But a lot of stress and debt for Comex. The original owners would have been better positioned to deal with the recession obviously. Comex has had to deal with a very dificult turn of events and have fell short in some areas that have adversly affected the personel. that has resulted in unfair treatment and cut backs throughout the recession and severe losses. Ironicly the no compete expired last year and Funny thing is the sons of the original founders started and opened up another paint company Monday. It will be interesting to see how they rebrand themselves.
the paintman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to the paintman For This Useful Post:
stevesonsiteservices (03-06-2012)
Old 03-06-2012, 10:33 PM   #6

Quote:
Actually my experience has been just the opposite. They have some of the easiest paints to use I have ever used. And yes best prices too. Make no mistake they are professional grade. This business model was started with the contractor in mind. Not the homeowner. Thier HiHide flat is a great 1 heavy coat sprayed (on knock down or two med coats crossprayed on slick finish) product for nc on cielings in "Oyster White"color. Thier low lustre is some of the best hiding satin wall paint. Thier optima brand super acrylic, thier Flex lox and thier Tropicoat are all good exterior products. Thier service and system of coloring and consistency for repeating a color has surpased any company I have used.

This is a local boy done good family business story. They sold to Comex 6 years ago at the peak of the market. Comex is a huge mexican company that likes to buy regional US companies, like frazee and 5 or 6 others. The sale at the peak made for a very blessed family to say the least. But a lot of stress and debt for Comex. The original owners would have been better positioned to deal with the recession obviously. Comex has had to deal with a very dificult turn of events and have fell short in some areas that have adversly affected the personel. that has resulted in unfair treatment and cut backs throughout the recession and severe losses. Ironicly the no compete expired last year and Funny thing is the sons of the original founders started and opened up another paint company Monday. It will be interesting to see how they rebrand themselves.
Thanks for the great info. Will definitely use them more and give them a try. Thanks you for the response!
Old 03-07-2012, 01:10 AM   #7

Rewards Points: 266
View Northwest_painter's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:

They Comex bought Parker Paint too just a few years ago And I have not seen any problems with the quality of paint.
What color were you covering?
Northwest_painter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:35 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwest_painter View Post
They Comex bought Parker Paint too just a few years ago And I have not seen any problems with the quality of paint.
What color were you covering?
Gold over light blue
Old 03-07-2012, 08:32 PM   #9
Sup!

Rewards Points: 250
View prototype66's Photo Album My Photos

Iv'e used the upper grade products back in the 90s and it was fine. The contractor grade stuff was not very good then but things change.
I do remember Oyster white! lol I did a lot of commercial renovations that spec'd it. Use to spit horribly when rolling!!

prototype66 is offline   Reply With Quote