Got a problem with the stairs - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > General Painting Discussion

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jmayspaint
Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 03:55 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 2
View sk3499's Photo Album My Photos
Default Got a problem with the stairs

We were trying to cover old paint on the interior stairs, so I asked the guy at home depot... he said use deck paint. So we sanded and painted it on a couple layers. I think it is not taking well cause its cracking off. The old paint on the stairs may have been oil based. Any ideas how to fix this, preferably without redoing everything?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2017, 04:43 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 4
Thanked 3,574 Times in 1,803 Posts
View Jmayspaint's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk3499 View Post
We were trying to cover old paint on the interior stairs, so I asked the guy at home depot... he said use deck paint. So we sanded and painted it on a couple layers. I think it is not taking well cause its cracking off. The old paint on the stairs may have been oil based. Any ideas how to fix this, preferably without redoing everything?

Seriously doubt there IS any way short of redoing everything. Stripping off the failed coating that is.

In any case, you should take this over to the DIY forum. This is the pro section, and this thread will be closed shortly. Several of us, and other pro painters, hang out at DIY and would be glad to help you there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DEK Painting inc. likes this.
Old 01-10-2017, 05:31 PM   #3
King Dude

Rewards Points: 166
Thanked 4,752 Times in 2,665 Posts
View Rbriggs82's Photo Album My Photos

Thanks for posting on PaintTalk.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer that you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com .

PaintTalk.com is designed for professional painting contractors and the related fields to discuss issues and topics pertaining to the painting industries. Many of our professional contractors are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assisting you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If you're not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.diychatroom.com/register.php .

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.
Closed Thread