Paint for Bathroom?? - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > General Painting Discussion

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By PACman
  • 1 Post By Wildbill7145
  • 2 Post By RH
Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2017, 08:46 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 2
View Stash's Photo Album My Photos
Default Paint for Bathroom??

Newby to this forum--Hello, and glad I found it.

Hope to see some comments on which paint to use in the bathroom. Just gutted a very small bathroom, new green sheetrock, etc. primed with SW Premium Floor and wall primer 2 coats and now ready for some color. Going crazy trying to find a paint for a small bathroom with high moisture, yes we run a fan for 20 minutes after our shower. I’d like to stay with SW but been reading too much and I am worried about “Sticking” and smoothing “brush marks which Duration the one I picked so far has, or maybe it's the skill level when applying?
Any recommendation on which paint “Satin” to use with the SW primer stated above for the best paint with no stickiness and good smoothing. Consumer Reports does not rate SW too high but Behr and Valspar Reserve is at the top. Confused.
Thanks!!!
Stan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2017, 08:57 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 254
Thanked 4,437 Times in 2,783 Posts
View cdpainting's Photo Album My Photos

Welcome to the group. Are you a professional painter? Consumer reports is a home owner type of of reporting. They don't talk to us pros bout this stuff other wise their top two paints would be the bottom two. As for Bathrooms we use Benjamin Moore Kitchen and bath. Great product, good price and myself I think it's better than any SW product. You can also get a mold/mildew additive mixed into the paint.
Old 01-08-2017, 09:38 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 422
Thanked 4,090 Times in 2,674 Posts
View PACman's Photo Album My Photos

grrrrrrr........I am seriously biting my tongue waiting for the mods to choke down their Sunday bacon!
chrisn likes this.

"Screw you guys! I'm going home!" Cartmann
Old 01-08-2017, 09:40 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 422
Thanked 4,090 Times in 2,674 Posts
View PACman's Photo Album My Photos

I

Can't

do

it!

MOLD food! Lets start by priming with mold food!

"Screw you guys! I'm going home!" Cartmann
Old 01-08-2017, 10:42 AM   #5

Rewards Points: 310
Thanked 3,809 Times in 1,954 Posts
View Wildbill7145's Photo Album My Photos

Can't have PAC choking on his tongue.

Thanks for posting on PaintTalk.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer that you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com .

PaintTalk.com is designed for professional painting contractors and the related fields to discuss issues and topics pertaining to the painting industries. Many of our professional contractors are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assisting you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If you're not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.diychatroom.com/register.php .

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.
ProWallGuy likes this.
Old 01-08-2017, 03:37 PM   #6
RH

Rewards Points: 9,782
Thanked 14,333 Times in 7,294 Posts
View RH's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildbill7145 View Post
Can't have PAC choking on his tongue.

Thanks for posting on PaintTalk.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer that you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com .

PaintTalk.com is designed for professional painting contractors and the related fields to discuss issues and topics pertaining to the painting industries. Many of our professional contractors are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assisting you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If you're not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.diychatroom.com/register.php .

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.
Awww... I think you should have let the choking continue for another few minutes... or hours.

Groucho Marx
The Following User Says Thank You to RH For This Useful Post:
Rbriggs82 (01-08-2017)
Closed Thread