Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

Show me your tool box storage system

13K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  SemiproJohn 
#1 ·
Are you using tool boxes, and what kind? I've tried the Bosh L-Boxes, DeWalt TStack and Festool Systainers. Right now for the price, I'm going with the TStacks for my hand tools, and Systainers for the Festool sanders etc. Just wondering how you guys stay organized and if anyone has found the "holy grail" of truck/tool organization.

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
We have been using these for basic tools

View attachment 26226

It is good for brushes, hand tools, a few rolls of tape, putty, etc. Holds the basic use everyday stuff for one painter.
I've been pretty much using the exact same thing for my personal brush/tool bag Dean. But I'm trying to get all the other items on the van into boxes. Still playing around with what works, but I'm getting there.

#14 ·
For the amount of tools and the variety of tools a typical painter needs, I always though that what Schmidt or MSJ have would be beneficial, but with multiple trays in each one.

Then reality struck, NO ONE ever puts tools back in the same place they got them.

Keeping tools organized is one of the toughest jobs on a job site

#15 · (Edited)
Keeping tools organized is one of the toughest jobs on a job site
QFT

We use Systainers for smaller power tools.

Dairy crates, with our without dividers, for medium power tools: routers, pinners, etc. We also fill them with recycled milk cartons and use them for hardware.

Attached-lid totes for drops, masking, sundries, and larger power tools ( f/c saws, siding nailers, etc).

Velo-type totes for hand tools. We used rigger's bags for years, but switched to something with a closed top.

Reall Useful Boxes for smaller stuff or paperwork. They come in a wide range of sizes.

Plastic Product Box Food storage containers Glass

#17 ·
I still have some of the wood toolboxes that I built years ago. They still work just fine...in the shop. They are beasts and I'm not lugging them in and out of jobs any more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.