whaddythink? capsray cs8000 for $450 - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > General Painting Discussion

Old 02-24-2010, 08:03 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
View workpot's Photo Album My Photos
Default whaddythink? capsray cs8000 for $450

I can't seem to find much about this sprayer/turbine, good or bad. As I have said I can get it for $450, has orginal reciept, manual, its still in original box. Seller states its been in storage at his shop for 7 years or so bought it 12 years ago and used it maybe 3 times. It looks brand new perfect. I expect to spray thinner stuff, but I may want to spray latex at some point. It is the discontinued capspray 3 stage. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Rob
workpot is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Old 02-24-2010, 09:53 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,030
Thanked 4,199 Times in 2,053 Posts
View aaron61's Photo Album My Photos

I have never liked any cap sprayers.Give me an airless an a 211.Or a conventional with a 2 gallon pot
aaron61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 04:55 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10
View DarkHorse's Photo Album My Photos
Default Capspray 8000 Experience

I have had a Capspray 8000 since it was a brand new model. (Of course I paid double what you've been quoted for the one now).

Yes, it does an excellent job with thinner finishes. With a #5 needle set, I've done a ton of latex work with it as well. It handles latex fine if you thin it 10% - 15%, though it is way slower per square foot painted than an airless unit. (I suspect the newer units with more stages in their turbine setup will paint faster; particularly with thicker finishes).

As a matter of fact, the job for which I originally bought it was when I had to paint 30 louvered doors with interior latex and just couldn't face doing it with a brush. The quality an HVLP gun will do is outstanding.

Like any HVLP gun, just make sure you filter the paint. HVLP guns are not very forgiving of lumps.

I've also shot lacquers and polyurethanes with it; also with good results.

I love HVLP guns. The overspray is so much less that you can pain closer to other materials, paint inside without a giant paint fox descending on everything, pint on windier days without a lawsuit, and use less of expensive paints,
DarkHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 05:10 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 2,000
Thanked 1,028 Times in 751 Posts
View johnpaint's Photo Album My Photos

I just sold my CapSpray 9900, got to where it was much easier to use a airless even in tight spots. I really didn't like all the air the hvlp put out you can really fill a room up with very fine dust I didn't like at all.

Never argue with a fool - they will drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
johnpaint is offline   Reply With Quote