Working in a time capsule home. - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > General Painting Discussion

Like Tree15Likes
  • 5 Post By cdpainting
  • 2 Post By Gymschu
  • 4 Post By lilpaintchic
  • 2 Post By kmp
  • 2 Post By journeymanPainter

Old 11-17-2016, 04:32 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 942
Thanked 4,503 Times in 2,839 Posts
View cdpainting's Photo Album My Photos
Default Working in a time capsule home.

Started working in a home that is a time capsule. Wallpaper from the early 1800's in mint condition, damn near all original paint still in great shape. I have always wanted to see a home like this. I finally got my chance and it is amazing to see. We are in doing minor touch ups only. Should be a challenge for the paint stores to match our colors.

The home has been passed down from generation to generation and they all kept it extremely clean and original.
cdpainting is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2016, 04:59 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 270
View Gymschu's Photo Album My Photos

That is so cool. I've always wanted to see a house like that, well, in a maintained original state. I get into some that are close to being maintained, but, someone, sometime gets the remodeling itch and wipes out a hundred years of history. For a moment there, I thought you were going to say it was a time capsule from the 1950's instead of the 1800's. I know I've been in quite a few of those type of homes with the original masonite on the walls, the gold-speckled laminate kitchen counters, the gold or olive colored appliances........lol.
cdpainting and slinger58 like this.
Gymschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 05:01 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 1,876
Thanked 4,239 Times in 2,796 Posts
View PACman's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdpainting View Post
Started working in a home that is a time capsule. Wallpaper from the early 1800's in mint condition, damn near all original paint still in great shape. I have always wanted to see a home like this. I finally got my chance and it is amazing to see. We are in doing minor touch ups only. Should be a challenge for the paint stores to match our colors.

The home has been passed down from generation to generation and they all kept it extremely clean and original.
Bring samples to me! No problem. Those colors are actually easier to match because of the more limited pigment variations they had available to them then.

"Screw you guys! I'm going home!" Cartmann
PACman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-17-2016, 06:00 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 16
Thanked 1,439 Times in 848 Posts
View lilpaintchic's Photo Album My Photos

Pics!!pics!!!
lilpaintchic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 07:52 PM   #5
kmp

Rewards Points: 1,122
View kmp's Photo Album My Photos

I got a cal to look at a small project at a house I always liked. Didn't have time for the job but i was going to go just to go inside. The owner had their daughter do it. I was bummed. House was probably built around 1890-1910, which is old for around here.
cdpainting and lilpaintchic like this.
kmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 09:31 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 674
Thanked 1,640 Times in 1,052 Posts
View journeymanPainter's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdpainting View Post

Take lots of pictures

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk
cdpainting and lilpaintchic like this.
journeymanPainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 03:44 AM   #7

Rewards Points: 2,912
Thanked 2,490 Times in 1,404 Posts
View Dave Mac's Photo Album My Photos

very cool project lets see some pictures
Dave Mac is offline   Reply With Quote