CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > General Painting Discussion

Old 01-20-2009, 02:14 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 250
View sage's Photo Album My Photos
Default Yenkin-Majestic Diamond Hard

I have a customer that has contacted me about painting furniture with Diamond Hard. After reading the specifics and speaking with BM store manager and reading an article quoting the VP of Majestic I turn to you guys that may have actually worked with the product. Specs say prime, rep and VP of Majestic say no prime. Rep says it's a new age acrylic replacing enamels, adheres to anything, scuff & clean. Am I reading the info correctly in that it only comes in gloss?
TIA
Sage

sage is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Old 01-20-2009, 02:19 PM   #2
Save 2nd base!

Rewards Points: 1,310
Thanked 3,612 Times in 1,615 Posts
View ProWallGuy's Photo Album My Photos

I would prime it. Can't hurt, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sage View Post
Specs say prime, rep and VP of Majestic say no prime.
You could be guaranteed that I would call him out on that. Ask why the specs say it.

ProWallGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 04:30 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 1,000
View JNLP's Photo Album My Photos

Not familiar with the product, but I usually go with the specs. They are there for a reason. If somebody else tells you otherwise, I too would call them out on it wanting some answers on why the specs tell differently.

In the end... If there is a failure of some sort, I want my ass protected by the paper, not some he said she said.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:46 PM   #4
Paint to fish

Rewards Points: 2,094
Thanked 3,864 Times in 2,132 Posts
View DeanV's Photo Album My Photos

Depending on what you are painting, it main function fine as a self priming coating, but it may also have significant amounts of bleed through as well. I would always take self priming claims cautiously.
DeanV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:14 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 10
View ddoran1000's Photo Album My Photos
Default Dan the painter

I have used diamond hard for years and I can tell you that no primer will out stick this stuff you can paint ceramic tile with this stuff and it wont peal. DON'T USE A PRIMER. it is self priming that means it has a better addheasion factor than any primer. if you use a primer than you weaken the bond.
Dan the painter
ddoran1000 is offline   Reply With Quote