Heat Reflective Paint - Worth a second look! - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Professional Painters > Green Painting Practices

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jprefect

Old 11-08-2016, 06:58 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 18
View Eugene's Photo Album My Photos
Default Heat Reflective Paint - Worth a second look!

Ok, here is a scenario for you to ponder:

A homeowner asks you what is the best option to paint their tiled roof. They want a heat reflective paint but they want a darker colour. What would you say???

You undoubtedly know that heat reflective paints only work in white or lighter colours. So what would you say, would you recommended that they change their preference of colour or their choice of having the heat reflective properties?

If you have not done enough research on heat reflective paints, they are worth a second look.
Manufacturers now produce some products that can reflect 88% of infrared and radiated heat.

Some products are also easier than ever to apply.

So it might be time to do a bit more research on heat reflective paint.

Happy to hear your thoughts.
Eugene is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2016, 08:48 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 312
View 007 Dave's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
Ok, here is a scenario for you to ponder:

A homeowner asks you what is the best option to paint their tiled roof. They want a heat reflective paint but they want a darker colour. What would you say???

You undoubtedly know that heat reflective paints only work in white or lighter colours. So what would you say, would you recommended that they change their preference of colour or their choice of having the heat reflective properties?

If you have not done enough research on heat reflective paints, they are worth a second look.
Manufacturers now produce some products that can reflect 88% of infrared and radiated heat.

Some products are also easier than ever to apply.

So it might be time to do a bit more research on heat reflective paint.

Happy to hear your thoughts.
Earlier this past summer a home owner wanted me to use an additive called INSULADD. It is supposed to help insulate the house as well. You can add it to any paint any color Interior or exterior . It might be an option to look into. It does thicken the paint up quit a bit. He bought Duration from S.W.. I would say it doubled the thickness of that paint. I was glad when that job was done. Hope this helps

Last edited by 007 Dave; 11-08-2016 at 08:51 PM..
007 Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 11:02 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 272
View jprefect's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 Dave View Post
It does thicken the paint up quit a bit. He bought Duration from S.W.. I would say it doubled the thickness of that paint. I was glad when that job was done. Hope this helps
DOUBLED? . . . . . DURATION??!!...
007 Dave likes this.
jprefect is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heat reflective paint