Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireplace transformation - Faux Wood

9K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  daArch 
#1 ·
Here is a job that I have been on for 5+ months (not just this fireplace but the entire 9K house). This fireplace from start to finish took about 6 weeks as we took it from raw wood and MDF mix and sanded, primed, sanded, caulked and putty'd, painted, sanded, painted again, distressed, sanded, glazed 4 layers and finally sealed.

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
Just the wood for either cherry or mahogany would upward to $40K, then add the master carpenter (this guy made most of the parts on the fly) which would be about another $30K, then you would need a finisher to come in and sand, distress, sand again, clean, dye, then a wiping stain, sealer, sand, glaze (to get the antique look) and then sanding sealer again followed by cat varnish. Best guess $10-12K for finishing it.

This entire thing wood, carpenter and me was about $30 total!:eek: So I guess to say it a different way, less then 1/2...

#16 ·
Folks,

This is an old dead thread, in case you did not realize (don't worry I make the same mistake often) but more to the point, FoilEffects will not return to answer any questions. He has left the building.

So for that reason I will shut 'er down

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.