Hello - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > Introductions

Old 05-18-2017, 05:18 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 2
View TRJones's Photo Album My Photos
Default Hello

Hey guys! It is Tyrene, me. You will see because I truly don't understand very much about business however, me via a very long way. I am not going to get frustrated and I hope to discover a whole lot here. I actually can not manage to spend for someone to run my business, although I have got a business support that folks are prepared to cover me for. Here are something that I am looking for help with and I know that I will not be able to get help with everything all in one single spot so I'm joining lots of little enterprise newsgroups centered on a listing that I was given by my uncle.

How much bookkeeping am I going to need to learn before I get in too deep with taxes and other business topics like that? Additionally what's the best solution to collect payment? Today I am simply gathering money or check. Obviously like I really could accept bank card payments, I'd like to look, but doesn't that cost money? Before and I do not need a Wells Fargo to nickel-and-dime me as they do when my personal account falls a little short I haven't had a bank account for business.

Well that's me and I'm thrilled to begin studying. Thanks!
TRJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2017, 06:49 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,694
Thanked 9,232 Times in 5,138 Posts
View CApainter's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRJones View Post
Hey guys! It is Tyrene, me. You will see because I truly don't understand very much about business however, me via a very long way. I am not going to get frustrated and I hope to discover a whole lot here. I actually can not manage to spend for someone to run my business, although I have got a business support that folks are prepared to cover me for. Here are something that I am looking for help with and I know that I will not be able to get help with everything all in one single spot so I'm joining lots of little enterprise newsgroups centered on a listing that I was given by my uncle.

How much bookkeeping am I going to need to learn before I get in too deep with taxes and other business topics like that? Additionally what's the best solution to collect payment? Today I am simply gathering money or check. Obviously like I really could accept bank card payments, I'd like to look, but doesn't that cost money? Before and I do not need a Wells Fargo to nickel-and-dime me as they do when my personal account falls a little short I haven't had a bank account for business.

Well that's me and I'm thrilled to begin studying. Thanks!
Welcome Tyrene!

I'm almost certain most painting contractors here didn't receive a degree in business. So you're in good company! But the duty of running a business must be daunting non the less.

I do not run my own business. But, I do understand that everything supports a core objective. And if painting is the core objective of your business (whether it be industrial, commercial, or residential, including specialties), I would imagine you would want to build out your support and needs from there with an emphasis on priorities.

For example:

1. Transportation
2. Start up material and equipment acquisition
3. Trade related knowledge and systems development
4. Invoicing, customer data base, inventory control
5. Advertisement
6. Help
7. Strategic planning for growth

As you grow, the complexities of administration duties will grow.

Last edited by CApainter; 05-18-2017 at 07:01 PM..
CApainter is online now   Reply With Quote