Ultimate Ridge Hooks - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Tools, Equipment & Safety > Workplace Safety

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Mr Smith
  • 2 Post By DeanV

Old 02-05-2019, 02:34 PM  

Rewards Points: 1,474
View Mr Smith's Photo Album My Photos
Default Ultimate Ridge Hooks

Has anyone used Ultimate Ridge Hooks? It looks like a cool system for adding platforms while working on a roof. I could definitely see a use for them. I turn down a lot of jobs simply because of the steep pitch of the roof and nowhere to nail into the roof without damaging it.

The problem areas are usually around chimneys and gables.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2019, 08:18 PM  

Rewards Points: 248
View Epoxy Pro's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Smith View Post
Has anyone used Ultimate Ridge Hooks? It looks like a cool system for adding platforms while working on a roof. I could definitely see a use for them. I turn down a lot of jobs simply because of the steep pitch of the roof and nowhere to nail into the roof without damaging it.

Ultimate Ridgehooks - YouTube
I'm sorry but these videos that start out with something about OSHA and go on to show people on roofs or staging with no harness on. Right off they break OSHA rules.
Old 02-05-2019, 10:38 PM  
Paint to fish

Rewards Points: 76
Thanked 5,129 Times in 2,791 Posts
View DeanV's Photo Album My Photos

Still no way to harness most roofs in a repaint scenario without damaging a roof. Just the way it is. Until that issue is solved, not much can be done.
Wildbill7145 and Mr Smith like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2019, 08:28 AM  

Rewards Points: 234
View Holland's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanV View Post
Still no way to harness most roofs in a repaint scenario without damaging a roof. Just the way it is. Until that issue is solved, not much can be done.
I usually harness to the chimney, but that doesn't help the chimney guys.
Old 03-28-2019, 08:35 AM  

Rewards Points: 234
View Holland's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:

This is a good idea.
I will sometimes use a folding ladder (like a little giant) in the same way, but the option of adding a working platform is useful.
Old 03-28-2019, 12:01 PM  

Rewards Points: 314
View EveryDay's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:

Great invention.

Tags
None