Do you belong to a professional trade organization? - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Professional Painters > Featured Articles

Old 07-19-2018, 02:02 PM   #1
Administrator

Rewards Points: 3,011
Thanked 2,595 Times in 1,085 Posts
View Cricket's Photo Album My Photos
Default Do you belong to a professional trade organization?

Do you belong to a professional trade organization?-tradeorganization-lge.jpg

Quote:
There are a lot of organizations out there for business owners. Some are great for networking, while others are more for socializing. But as a painter, there are also organizations that cater to your specific area of expertise. Is Joining a Trade Organization Right for You?
Do you belong to a professional trade organization?

Is it something you have considered?

Why? Why not?

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2018, 03:16 PM   #2
Old as dirt member

Rewards Points: 688
Thanked 8,440 Times in 4,284 Posts
View Schmidt & Co.'s Photo Album My Photos

Yes. Ive been a member of the PDCA since the mid 90s. It the single best decision I’ve made as it relates to my business. But like everything in life, get out of it what you put into it.
Old 07-20-2018, 04:19 PM   #3
Paint to fish

Rewards Points: 154
Thanked 5,163 Times in 2,816 Posts
View DeanV's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidt & Co. View Post
Yes. Ive been a member of the PDCA since the mid 90s. It the single best decision Iíve made as it relates to my business. But like everything in life, get out of it what you put into it.
We don't have a strong local chapter. In fact, there is no Grand Rapids MI chapter of the PDCA, so I did join for a year once, but there was not easy way to interact with fellow contractors. I did go to one seminar and bought some of there estimating guides, COPS, etc. I need to find the COPS stuff again.
DeanV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2018, 07:23 PM   #4
Old as dirt member

Rewards Points: 688
Thanked 8,440 Times in 4,284 Posts
View Schmidt & Co.'s Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanV View Post
We don't have a strong local chapter. In fact, there is no Grand Rapids MI chapter of the PDCA, so I did join for a year once, but there was not easy way to interact with fellow contractors. I did go to one seminar and bought some of there estimating guides, COPS, etc. I need to find the COPS stuff again.
That sucks that you donít have a strong chapter. The personal relationships that Iíve developed through mine are the real benefit of membership IMHO. Of course National has plenty to offer, but having a group of local members that know YOU and your business, and can offer unvarnished advise is is where itís at for me.

Tags
None