Do you paint coastal home? - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Professional Painters > Featured Articles

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rbriggs82

Old 05-10-2018, 10:20 AM   #1
Administrator

Rewards Points: 3,003
Thanked 2,583 Times in 1,082 Posts
View Cricket's Photo Album My Photos
Default Do you paint coastal home?

Do you paint coastal home?-coastalhome-lge.jpg

Quote:
Like other areas of the country, coastal homes present a unique set of challenges when it comes to painting them. When nearly all the homes you paint are on the ocean, adding years to an exterior paint job take some extra planning and effort. These homes take the brunt of intense salt spray blown by storms and the intense, unforgiving ultraviolet rays of the summer sun. 4 Tips for Painting Coastal Homes
Do you paint coastal home?

What challenges did you have to overcome?

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2018, 03:59 PM   #2
King Dude

Rewards Points: 5,002
Thanked 5,055 Times in 2,875 Posts
View Rbriggs82's Photo Album My Photos

I paint the interiors of them. Biggest challenge is to keep from looking out the windows.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Cricket likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|

|
|
Rbriggs82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 06:32 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 2,486
Thanked 6,705 Times in 4,460 Posts
View Workaholic's Photo Album My Photos

I don't live on the coast so I don't. I do go to FL on vacation sometimes and last 4th of July week on Anna Maria Island I watched the locals paint the house next door every morning. Looked to be just like any other job to me except for I did feel the need to pull our car into the garage as I was worried about over spray lol.
Workaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2018, 07:17 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 280
View rosespainting's Photo Album My Photos

I paint ocean front houses often. Not much different than those not on the water.

The 4 tips in the article are quality products, good cleaning, good prep, and when to use primer... not really any tips worth reading, and not struggles that are specific to costal homes.

Some minor challenges we face are weather related. Waterfront house can be wetter in the mornings than houses not on the water. They also tend to not have much shade, as the point of waterfront house is the sun and water. So we tend to get slightly less productive hours per day.
rosespainting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 05:45 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 1,574
Thanked 1,377 Times in 605 Posts
View Roamer's Photo Album My Photos

We paint coastal homes on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. These are typically beach rental homes with absentee homeowners. No painting going on in the summer as the renters are on site. The wind blows like a gale even on a good day, fortunately most houses are surrounded by sand so spray mist is not a problem for the ground.

The paint job on many of these homes lasts half as long, at best, as homes that we do inland. Wind driven sand, sea air and the sun do a number on the paint film.

When the economy takes a dip the beach homes feel it the most as it is usually a second home for the owner and as such suffers due to budgetary constraints.

Roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 11:55 AM   #6

Rewards Points: 250
View Epoxy Pro's Photo Album My Photos

Not any more unless it's an epoxy job. I live on the seacoast.
Epoxy Pro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None