Equipment recommendations for spraying cabinets - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Tools, Equipment & Safety > Tools, Supplies and Equipment

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MikeCalifornia

Old 06-23-2020, 12:27 AM   #1

View NjJon's Photo Album My Photos
Default Equipment recommendations for spraying cabinets

Hi, I'm currently using a titan 115 hvlp sprayer to spray my customers cabinet doors and drawer fronts.

I'm looking to upgrade to a better gun and pressure pot system or a air assisted machine.

My goal is to have a setup always in primer, and one setup for finish coat.

Would like to keep primer always loaded so pressure pot seems to be the way to go.

I spray shellac for primer.

And spray inslx cabinet cost for the finish coat.

Any recommendation would be appreciated. Price of equipment doesnt matter much just want best results possible and convenience. Thanks in advance!
NjJon is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2020, 09:49 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 30
Thanked 1,055 Times in 686 Posts
View MikeCalifornia's Photo Album My Photos

Lots of choices out there. Most pros use an Apollo 5 system. I can't stand HVLP, so I use AAA. But if you choose to upgrade your products, most polyurethanes spray better with airless.
I made myself a very simple but effective AAA using a Titan ED655 diaphram pump with rolling compressor hooked to a Graco G15. Its pretty sweet.
MikeCalifornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 03:22 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 14
View cortezv60's Photo Album My Photos

@NjJon
I see a lot of painters saying they have one system(pump) for primer and another setup for the finish coat? Or one for oil based and another one for something else? Why is that??
cortezv60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2020, 04:30 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 170
View RP Mike's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by cortezv60 View Post
@NjJon
I see a lot of painters saying they have one system(pump) for primer and another setup for the finish coat? Or one for oil based and another one for something else? Why is that??

To avoid having to clean them out with harsh materials to swap the different product through it if I were to guess.

For instance, shooting something like BIN requires an intense cleaning job and the materials you flush through it practically melt any acrylic residue and that gums up your filters. Sometimes it can be more cost effective to just have that sprayer shoot only BIN rather than paying for new seals and filters all the time.

Just a guess
RP Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RP Mike For This Useful Post:
cortezv60 (10-18-2020)
Old 10-17-2020, 04:57 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 10
View Masterwork's Photo Album My Photos

A big one is spraying something pigmented and then trying to spray something clear. You'll always have crap in your clear coat.
Masterwork is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Masterwork For This Useful Post:
cortezv60 (10-18-2020)
Old 10-17-2020, 06:28 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 104
View cocomonkeynuts's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by RP Mike View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cortezv60 View Post
@NjJon

To avoid having to clean them out with harsh materials to swap the different product through it if I were to guess.

For instance, shooting something like BIN requires an intense cleaning job and the materials you flush through it practically melt any acrylic residue and that gums up your filters. Sometimes it can be more cost effective to just have that sprayer shoot only BIN rather than paying for new seals and filters all the time.

Just a guess [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.painttalk.com/images/smilies/notworthy.gif[/IMG]
Filters and prime valves. I replaced three clogged up prime valves in the past two days.
cocomonkeynuts is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cocomonkeynuts For This Useful Post:
cortezv60 (10-18-2020), RP Mike (10-18-2020)
Old 10-17-2020, 09:02 PM   #7

Rewards Points: 170
View RP Mike's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterwork View Post
A big one is spraying something pigmented and then trying to spray something clear. You'll always have crap in your clear coat.

yeah if you do a lot of clear coating you absolutely want a dedicated clear pump. that's a good case for an HVLP gun that you use exclusively for that.
RP Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RP Mike For This Useful Post:
cortezv60 (10-18-2020)
Old 10-18-2020, 12:31 AM   #8

Rewards Points: 14
View cortezv60's Photo Album My Photos

Ohh ok. That make sense now. I’ll look into that once I start doing more cabinets . Thanks for the help guys ����
cortezv60 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None