graco 395 cleaning upper ball cage - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Tools, Equipment & Safety > Tools, Supplies and Equipment

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SprayRepairGuy

Old 11-21-2017, 02:47 AM   #1
High Roller Painters

Rewards Points: 441
View mv8710's Photo Album My Photos
Default graco 395 cleaning upper ball cage

After spending $700 on replacing the pump on my 395 I now clean the lower ball cage every time I use it. It was seized with paint.
So any tips on cleaining the outlet ball?

Also, it stopped working after I had sprayed oil based sealer through it, even though I cleaned it thoroughly with 3 different cleaners, including this AMAZING product that will dissolve paint and nothing else...
https://colorex.co.nz/shop/products/...cleaner/?pdf=1

I know what happens when you mix oil based and latex together in a spray unit but I cleaned it thoroughly I used mineral spirits, denatured alcohol and kumclean.
Could it have been clogged through years of build up? The lower ball cage was quite clogged with cured paint. It was stuck GOOD.

Last edited by mv8710; 11-21-2017 at 02:51 AM..
mv8710 is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2017, 03:11 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 197
View SprayRepairGuy's Photo Album My Photos

The reason the ball gets stuck after you fully clean the unit is because you drained it. Never use water as the last rinse. After cleaning, run some mineral spirits through the pump to purge out all of the water. Release the pressure, but leave the spirits in the pump until the next use.

There is no good way to get at the upper ball without dismantling the pump.
cocomonkeynuts likes this.

Buy Graco, Titan, Binks and Bedford parts at a discount prices

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SprayRepairGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 07:40 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 1,432
View cocomonkeynuts's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by mv8710 View Post
After spending $700 on replacing the pump on my 395 I now clean the lower ball cage every time I use it. It was seized with paint.
So any tips on cleaining the outlet ball?

Also, it stopped working after I had sprayed oil based sealer through it, even though I cleaned it thoroughly with 3 different cleaners, including this AMAZING product that will dissolve paint and nothing else...
https://colorex.co.nz/shop/products/...cleaner/?pdf=1

I know what happens when you mix oil based and latex together in a spray unit but I cleaned it thoroughly I used mineral spirits, denatured alcohol and kumclean.
Could it have been clogged through years of build up? The lower ball cage was quite clogged with cured paint. It was stuck GOOD.
https://colorex.co.nz/wp-content/upl...clean-MSDS.pdf
No magic just Xylene & MEK
cocomonkeynuts is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None