Graco Ultimate handheld sprayer tip sizes? - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Tools, Equipment & Safety > Tools, Supplies and Equipment

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Pierson Painting
  • 1 Post By cocomonkeynuts

Old 11-05-2018, 09:09 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 125
View Pierson Painting's Photo Album My Photos
Default Graco Ultimate handheld sprayer tip sizes?

Was cleaning out my sprayer and I noticed the water wasn't coming out with the force it should be. I was down to clear water, couldn't figure out what was going on. I'm very thorough about my cleaning. I pulled out all three outlet valves and cleaned, nothing hindering ball movement. Called Graco hotline, they said pump going bad. I've run maybe 4 gallons through, mostly Super Paint exterior. I've used their FFLP tips, 514, 412 and 212 tips. The tech guy said I shouldn't have used the 12 tips, that has caused the failure of pump. Curious as to what others have been using when spraying water based paints. I'm pretty pissed that this didn't last longer. This is the second pump, first one failed after first time use, spraying one side of door.
Pierson Painting is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2018, 12:37 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 125
View Pierson Painting's Photo Album My Photos

Just a follow up. Decided to call Graco back because I was seeing a lot of users of the Ultra/Ultimate handheld sprayers using 310 FFLP tips. Talking to different tech guy, he said orifice size shouldn't cause pump to fail. He is sending me a new pump, made my day!
SemiproJohn and Wildbill7145 like this.
Pierson Painting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 01:08 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 1,126
View cocomonkeynuts's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierson Painting View Post
Just a follow up. Decided to call Graco back because I was seeing a lot of users of the Ultra/Ultimate handheld sprayers using 310 FFLP tips. Talking to different tech guy, he said orifice size shouldn't cause pump to fail. He is sending me a new pump, made my day!

says right in the graco tech docs you can use x08-x16 tip. I mean they come with a FFLP514. How could a smaller orifice cause pump failure? first guy you talked to didn't know didly squat
SemiproJohn likes this.

Last edited by cocomonkeynuts; 11-05-2018 at 01:44 PM..
cocomonkeynuts is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None