Help Using Airless Sprayer - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Tools, Equipment & Safety > Tools, Supplies and Equipment

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Epoxy Pro

Old 02-04-2019, 10:40 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 2
View JimmyDaMop's Photo Album My Photos
Default Help Using Airless Sprayer

Hi,

I just got a Campbell Hausfeld at a yard sale and it is not working. I'm unsure if it is broken or just clogged. When I turn it on I can hear the motor run, but I've been unable to get it to spray. I've started to clean it by removing the hose and the fitting that brings the hose into the pump. There does not seem to be a hole in this fitting to allow the paint through. Should there be? How do I clean this sprayer if paint has dried in it?

Thank you for any help and suggestions!
JimmyDaMop is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2019, 11:27 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 4,322
View Woodco's Photo Album My Photos

Wasnt aware that campbell hausfield made an airless. Probably should have tested it before buying it...
Woodco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 05:00 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 250
View Epoxy Pro's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodco View Post
Wasnt aware that campbell hausfield made an airless. Probably should have tested it before buying it...
They have made sprayers for a while now. 100% utter garbage but good for a homeowner.
Epoxy Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2019, 05:02 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyDaMop View Post
Hi,

I just got a Campbell Hausfeld at a yard sale and it is not working. I'm unsure if it is broken or just clogged. When I turn it on I can hear the motor run, but I've been unable to get it to spray. I've started to clean it by removing the hose and the fitting that brings the hose into the pump. There does not seem to be a hole in this fitting to allow the paint through. Should there be? How do I clean this sprayer if paint has dried in it?

Thank you for any help and suggestions!
If paint dried in that sprayer it's done. These are cheap new. Some can not be rebuilt.

If you really need to make this work find whatever tools you can and start digging out the dried paint from every orifice you can.

I've cleaned out sprayers with dried paint in them. Not fun at all.
finishesbykevyn likes this.
Old 02-05-2019, 06:40 AM   #5
Kev D.

Rewards Points: 889
View finishesbykevyn's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoxy Pro View Post
If paint dried in that sprayer it's done. These are cheap new. Some can not be rebuilt.

If you really need to make this work find whatever tools you can and start digging out the dried paint from every orifice you can.

I've cleaned out sprayers with dried paint in them. Not fun at all.
And then go buy a graco..

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
finishesbykevyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 07:14 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by finishesbykevyn View Post
And then go buy a graco..

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
Graco, Titan, Speedflo. there are some great machines out there that can be rebuilt. I was never fussy when I bought my sprayers.All have good and bad points.
Old 02-05-2019, 10:28 AM   #7

Rewards Points: 742
View cocomonkeynuts's Photo Album My Photos

That's an old diaphragm type pump. Probably not worth fixing by the time you replace the pump internals.
cocomonkeynuts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:07 PM   #8
Peters Painting

Rewards Points: 6
View Peters Painting's Photo Album My Photos

If you're short on cash check out let go.com and offerup.com you can pick up a good brand name airless for cheap. I found a Titan Speeflo powerTwin for $300. I had a 2300 for 10 years and it only popped a leak in the high pressure aluminum line once and replaced with a hydraulic hose. Never once did I have to rebuild the pump section, simply amazing machine for durability. Had a hydro pro 4 for back up but never used it. Good deals on those sites though. Good luck!
Peters Painting is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
None