Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

Some questions about the finish pro 395

5K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  MikeCalifornia 
#1 ·
I recently baught a second hand finish pro 395.
The sprayer is in good condition.
The previous owner has applied the flat tip kit.
However i baught the sprayer with a rac X tipholder attached.
He said he was using it this way to spray air assisted with FFLP tips and it worked fine.

I am wondering if i want to try and shoot latex with the 395. Is it and option to try and spray latex in AA mode with rac X LP tips?

I know some wil say shooting latex in AA mode defeats the purpose of having an airless because it isnt fast.

Any suggestions for shooting latex with the 395 graco finish pro in my current setup ?

#2 ·
Shooting latex isn't a problem at all and if you can dial it in you'll get an amazing finish.

Keep a toothbrush and some krud kutter handy to clean the rac x as you go. In aaa mode it tends to gunk up. I prefer flat tips because they don't gunk up like the rac x but they're not fun to clean if you do get a clog.

You've got to be patient when dialing in a paint. Start without the air and lower the pressure until you start getting lines. Then use the air and increase the air psi until the lines disappear. Afterwards, you can try lowering the pressure even more and increasing the psi until you get the pressure as low as you can without lines.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

#4 ·
I would try a FFLP tip first. a 517 tip is a celing or wall paint tip, not a trim tip. So, I would not go that large. I always start with a 310.

I had a lot of troubles with build up on mine and switched to a flat tip gun, but cleaning those tips is such a pain that my 395 AAA has sat for a few years now. This was before the FFLP tips came out. I wonder if those lessen the. build up issues.

#10 ·
I just bought an offhand FP 395 because I wanted a better, more controlled finish.

Are you saying that using a regular sprayer with a FF tip will yield the same results?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes and no. Yes in that they are both airless finishes. No, in that in AAA mode you can use much lower pressure to achieve the correct fan pattern. Lower pressure means less bounceback, less waste. I sprayed out this kitchen last week. Grey with my ED655 plus compressor, G15 310 tip. White with ED655 with Graco airless gun 308 tip. The finish is the same, nice and slick, but the waste is clearly visible.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.