Tools you can't live without - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Tools, Equipment & Safety > Tools, Supplies and Equipment

Like Tree15Likes
  • 2 Post By jennifertemple
  • 1 Post By Redux
  • 1 Post By The Montana Painter
  • 3 Post By Redux
  • 4 Post By Rbriggs82
  • 1 Post By Holdenholden
  • 1 Post By The Montana Painter
  • 2 Post By The Montana Painter

Old 12-21-2018, 07:27 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 2
View Justinsri's Photo Album My Photos
Default Tools you can't live without

I currently run my own business with six employees. Needless to say I'm always looking for tools that help speed up the day day-to-day. For the longest time I did not know what I've been missing before I had found these items. For me its ladder pivot and telescopic ladder. I use my 18" jet roller on any big project. Large masonry brush as a dust brush. But by far my most used items are the few things that always stay in my pocket. My Milwaukee flip knife, purdy flip 5 way and spring loaded nail punch.
Justinsri is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2018, 08:17 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 424
View jennifertemple's Photo Album My Photos

Venetian plaster blades! Those almost eliminate sanding my patches! The day I started using them, I almost got religion!
PPD and Redux like this.
jennifertemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 09:45 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 374
View Redux's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifertemple View Post
Venetian plaster blades! Those almost eliminate sanding my patches! The day I started using them, I almost got religion!
VP blades are my workers' favorite for sanding too, only they've repurposed them by attaching PSA sandpaper to them. Excellent for detail sanding..
jennifertemple likes this.
Redux is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Redux For This Useful Post:
jennifertemple (12-21-2018)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2018, 12:17 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 98
View The Montana Painter's Photo Album My Photos

Always on my belt....phone case/ phone/bluetooth, used multiplier case with( a mini common screwdriver, small nail punch and a spring set), craftsman robogrip in a modified multiplier case, fiscars sm round nose scissors and a sm curved needle nose pliers,break-blade knife w/black olfa blades housed in an old mini mag light sheath and a caribiner with a bucketbuddyclip.....in my pocket is a camper swiss army knife. 150 used sandpaper, 2 inch putty knife and lastly a clean cotton rag. Can take care of a lot with these items on board can post some pics when i figure that out!!
Betheweb likes this.
The Montana Painter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 11:47 AM   #5

Rewards Points: 374
View Redux's Photo Album My Photos

This is my Rotex. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My Rotex is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My Rotex, without me, is useless. Without my Rotex, I am useless. I must sand with my Rotex true. I must sand faster than my competition who is trying to outsand me....
mDUB562, lilpaintchic and PPD like this.
Redux is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Redux For This Useful Post:
lilpaintchic (12-22-2018)
Old 12-22-2018, 01:31 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 5,006
Thanked 1,897 Times in 1,217 Posts
View lilpaintchic's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemy Redux View Post
This is my Rotex. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My Rotex is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My Rotex, without me, is useless. Without my Rotex, I am useless. I must sand with my Rotex true. I must sand faster than my competition who is trying to outsand me....
Lololololololololol....AMEN!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
lilpaintchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 11:07 PM   #7
King Dude

Rewards Points: 2
Thanked 5,075 Times in 2,891 Posts
View Rbriggs82's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Montana Painter View Post
Always on my belt....phone case/ phone/bluetooth, used multiplier case with( a mini common screwdriver, small nail punch and a spring set), craftsman robogrip in a modified multiplier case, fiscars sm round nose scissors and a sm curved needle nose pliers,break-blade knife w/black olfa blades housed in an old mini mag light sheath and a caribiner with a bucketbuddyclip.....in my pocket is a camper swiss army knife. 150 used sandpaper, 2 inch putty knife and lastly a clean cotton rag. Can take care of a lot with these items on board can post some pics when i figure that out!!
Hey, Batman just called.... He wants his belt back.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|

|
|
Rbriggs82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 01:21 AM   #8

Rewards Points: 48
View Holdenholden's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemy Redux View Post

Are you entering the Vietnam war?!?! Or just have a Full Metal Jacket lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Holdenholden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 01:23 AM   #9

Rewards Points: 48
View Holdenholden's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:

How do your pants stay up??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
store021 likes this.
Holdenholden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 01:51 PM   #10

these tools don't weigh much and i always wear a belt...contrary to some even can hold a cut bucket with paint !! concerning the Prudy fold-able 5 in 1...have one but it can unlock very easy so beware...the 5 way strikes again !!
Old 12-23-2018, 01:56 PM   #11

Would like to post some pictures for you Batman fans but i may not have that privilege ...or the wits...seeing is believing!!
mDUB562 likes this.
Old 02-04-2019, 12:39 AM   #12

Default Batmans tools

First picture is whats on my belt and the pouch is on the job !!
Attached Thumbnails
Tools you can't live without-dsc_0119-2.jpg  

Tools you can't live without-dsc_0120-2.jpg  

lilpaintchic and Betheweb like this.
Old 02-04-2019, 04:25 PM   #13

Rewards Points: 16
Thanked 2,427 Times in 1,272 Posts
View SemiproJohn's Photo Album My Photos

Pretty much all of them.
Old 02-04-2019, 05:50 PM   #14

Rewards Points: 2,534
View Brushman4's Photo Album My Photos

As a former teacher said, "your mind is the greatest tool"!

Look how much McGyver could do with everyday objects.
Brushman4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2019, 08:31 PM   #15

Rewards Points: 250
View Epoxy Pro's Photo Album My Photos

My floor grinder and angle grinders. Without these I could not guarantee the epoxy would bond and last.

When I was painting the Pivot and paint sprayers were key.
Epoxy Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 12:52 PM   #16

Rewards Points: 224
View Betheweb's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
First picture is whats on my belt and the pouch is on the job !!
You are completely out of your mind, but you are my hero at the same time. At some point you have to get a military style tactical vest...

I have a little tiny scissors on my multi-tool (which is on my belt) and I have a big one in my tool bag. I never thought about a dedicated scissors on my belt, but I could see that maybe being handy for masking. And it's not very bulky.

What do you use the Robo-Grip pliers for? I have pliers on the multi-tool which comes in handy. It's pretty rare that I need a big pair of pliers - let alone wearing one on my belt.

Does that carabiner go directly around your belt? I don't know if I'd like that bucket buddy or not. You have to carry each brush full of paint all the way up from your hip instead of holding the cup right there. It would be heavy if there is a lot of paint in there. If there isn't a lot of paint in there, you have to reach your hand way down inside. But then you have a free hand and you don't have to pour paint and less stuff to clean up. Hmmmm... I think I have to try this.
Betheweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 10:21 AM   #17

A few years ago....maybe more i gave up on the multi pliers and started using the robogrip. Doesn't pinch my hand and works great for those little ball screws on light fixtures and such. Modified the cases for each tool. The razor knife fits nicely in a mag-lite sheath. Never carry more than a quart of paint....try carrying a quart in a handy pail....not to mention ladder work!! Oh man i have to take that phone call or a sip of morning Joe
Old 02-15-2019, 10:28 AM   #18

Murphy says the more paint you carry the more likely you are to spill or cause a serious tendon injury...tried that once with an almost full paint can....couldn't hold a cut bucket for days...lesson learned....Have done a lot of crazy things on ladders over the years and am still painting...Murphy: 3 points of contact=more productive and less likely a fall to the good earth!!

Tags
None