A few days off. - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Paint Talk Community > Off Topic (Non Trade)

Old 04-26-2010, 01:21 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 500
View WAGGZ's Photo Album My Photos
Default A few days off.

Sitting in post op with my 4 yr old. (Tonsilectomy) I'll be thinking of you guys slinging the brush while I'm sitting at home eating chocolate ice cream for the next 2 days. He's doing fine.

It sure is nice being able to take off for these things w/o having to ask. When I told one customer about the surgery he wanted to know when I was going to get to his job, my answer was as long as it takes him to get better if that doesn't work for you find someone else.

Well I guess I'll being seeing a lot of you guys over the next couple days been busy so it's going to be nice to catch up on here.

Later

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I think of a fair price as one that puts my kids through private school and offers value to the homeowner... -Pressure Pros
WAGGZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2010, 06:15 PM   #2
Renegade Mod

Rewards Points: 144
Thanked 8,644 Times in 4,034 Posts
View Wolfgang's Photo Album My Photos

Poor little guy....the kid, not you. LOL Isn't it great to be able to have the control to spend the time with your son? Family first. And if the customer cant understand that, they're not worth having for a customer IMO. Luckily, I didnt have to do that with my son, though when he was 10 days old I was sent out of country on an S.O. mission; gone for 45 days...the longest of my life.

Cherish your children. They are your legacy; not your last paint job, believe it or not.
nEighter (04-27-2010)
Old 04-26-2010, 07:08 PM   #3
RCP

Rewards Points: 78
Thanked 4,804 Times in 3,011 Posts
View RCP's Photo Album My Photos

What he said ^^^^

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-26-2010, 08:17 PM   #4
wje

Rewards Points: 1,048
Thanked 2,735 Times in 1,228 Posts
View wje's Photo Album My Photos

I love the peeps who put their walls above the health and well-being of others. Almost walked off one last year for that reason. I set them straight and I think they were embarassed afterwards. Too bad your little guy couldn't have waited another 4-6 years when he would have appreciated the time off school. good luck with the speedy recovery, and chocolate ice cream (any dairy for that matter) isn't good for him as it produces mucus which is hard on a healing throat. ( I know you said you were eating the ice cream, but incase you had planned to share)

wje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:11 PM   #5

He is liking the popsicles better. But I am an ice cream junkie. He is liking the time away from preschool, I took him out last week and we bought several new movies so we got stuff to watch while he is awake.

Good post Wolf.

I think of a fair price as one that puts my kids through private school and offers value to the homeowner... -Pressure Pros
Old 04-26-2010, 10:14 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 2,000
Thanked 5,929 Times in 3,434 Posts
View vermontpainter's Photo Album My Photos

Waggz

Good for you. My little guy goes in for a procedure in a couple of weeks. Take the time. He will never forget it.

vermontpainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:18 PM   #7

My wife is strict on us about this whole thing because she is an RN. She got all pissed cause I told her if he feels good I'm taking him fishing. (I was kidding). She let me know in a real nice way I better not leave the driveway unless necessary.

Old 04-26-2010, 10:58 PM   #8

Rewards Points: 2,486
Thanked 6,705 Times in 4,460 Posts
View Workaholic's Photo Album My Photos

That is what makes being in business for yourself so great, family first.
Workaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Workaholic For This Useful Post:
nEighter (04-27-2010)

Tags
None