He ended it like this....... - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Paint Talk Community > Off Topic (Non Trade)

Like Tree15Likes
  • 2 Post By kmp
  • 3 Post By kmp
  • 1 Post By kmp
  • 2 Post By lilpaintchic
  • 2 Post By Wolfgang
  • 1 Post By lilpaintchic
  • 1 Post By Wildbill7145
  • 3 Post By Rbriggs82

Old 05-13-2018, 12:11 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 1,068
View Gymschu's Photo Album My Photos
Default He ended it like this.......

Michael Keaton was the keynote commencement speaker at Kent State University in Ohio. It was my daughter's graduation. His speech was pretty good and he ended it with this:

https://www.facebook.com/clevelandco...U89goa9w8UqBj4
Gymschu is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gymschu For This Useful Post:
lilpaintchic (05-14-2018), slinger58 (05-13-2018), Wolfgang (05-13-2018)

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2018, 06:57 PM   #2
kmp

Rewards Points: 2,230
View kmp's Photo Album My Photos

My daughter graduated from college this weekend as well. She skipped the ceremonies but might have gone if Batman was there.
Gymschu and lilpaintchic like this.
kmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 08:33 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 1,068
View Gymschu's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmp View Post
My daughter graduated from college this weekend as well. She skipped the ceremonies but might have gone if Batman was there.
Keaton was pretty good. Oddly enough, he only attended KSU for 2 years and never did graduate from college. Can't blame the guy for pursuing an acting career. He obviously made the right choice in terms of making money and being satisfied with his career choice.

In his college days, he only owned one pair of shoes, 4 shirts, and one pair of pants.
Gymschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2018, 10:44 PM   #4
kmp

College is a lot of work. My daughter worked full time and took 15-17 hours of classes her whole college time. Graduated with a 3.5 gpa. Took me four years to get to be barely a junior. Makes me proud of her. Her sister is on the same path.
Wolfgang, Gymschu and lilpaintchic like this.
Old 05-13-2018, 11:03 PM   #5

View Tprice2193's Photo Album My Photos

@kmp - Congratulations! You must be very proud of her! 3.5 GPA WOW! And all while working her way through school....you are a lucky father!
Tprice2193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 11:24 PM   #6
kmp

Both my girls make me proud. They both have focus. Of course they drove us crazy and the younger still does.
Wolfgang likes this.
Old 05-14-2018, 12:07 AM   #7

Rewards Points: 5,006
Thanked 1,897 Times in 1,217 Posts
View lilpaintchic's Photo Album My Photos

You should be proud of them! And of yourself for that matter. It takes dedicated, hard working parental influence....they didn't decide to work like that all on their own...it was taught to them. Congrats parents of grads! Of all ages and all grades. It takes a lot of perserverance to make it work....
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmp View Post
College is a lot of work. My daughter worked full time and took 15-17 hours of classes her whole college time. Graduated with a 3.5 gpa. Took me four years to get to be barely a junior. Makes me proud of her. Her sister is on the same path.
Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Wolfgang and Brushman4 like this.
lilpaintchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 08:16 AM   #8
Renegade Mod

Rewards Points: 460
Thanked 8,608 Times in 4,006 Posts
View Wolfgang's Photo Album My Photos

My wife graduated Summa Cum Laude with a degree in Addiction Studies. Took her 5 years due to her working full time nights on a Psychiatric floor in a local hospital. She had a sizeable student loan debt when we married. Many times I offered to pay it off for her but she was adamant about paying it off herself. If you could have seen the look on her face and obvious pride she felt making the last payment, it was well worth it for her. I was so very proud of her stubbornness lol. (Though glad it was over.)
Gymschu and lilpaintchic like this.
Old 05-14-2018, 03:24 PM   #9

Rewards Points: 5,006
Thanked 1,897 Times in 1,217 Posts
View lilpaintchic's Photo Album My Photos

Well if it'll make you feel good also, Wolfe, you can pay all of my loans off! I've got absolutely no emotional attachment to paying them off all by myself.lol congrats to your wife though! Personally, I feel like thats kinda like the "No, I don't want an epidural doctor, I want to have a natural birth." SCREW THAT! To each their own I guess....lololol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgang View Post
My wife graduated Summa Cum Laude with a degree in Addiction Studies. Took her 5 years due to her working full time nights on a Psychiatric floor in a local hospital. She had a sizeable student loan debt when we married. Many times I offered to pay it off for her but she was adamant about paying it off herself. If you could have seen the look on her face and obvious pride she felt making the last payment, it was well worth it for her. I was so very proud of her stubbornness lol. (Though glad it was over.)
Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
chrisn likes this.
lilpaintchic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lilpaintchic For This Useful Post:
Wolfgang (05-17-2018)
Old 05-14-2018, 05:47 PM   #10

Rewards Points: 644
Thanked 4,458 Times in 2,448 Posts
View Wildbill7145's Photo Album My Photos

I worked full time while doing my undergrad. Took summer courses, so it was 12 months a year of struggle. By the time I finished my degree and was only working 40hrs a week I felt like I was on vacation. I'd been thinking of doing my masters degree, but at that point I was done with school and decided $ was more fun.

Graduated with not one dollar owed in student loans. Used my degree for 10 years while working in the prison system, got laid off and became a painter. The rest is history.
Gymschu likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wildbill7145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 08:55 PM   #11
King Dude

Rewards Points: 5,000
Thanked 5,028 Times in 2,855 Posts
View Rbriggs82's Photo Album My Photos

Six more months left on my student loans, can't wait to rid myself of that bill. My wife's student loans..... Yeah that's gonna be a while, but she's making good money doing what she loves can't complain about that.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|

|
|
Rbriggs82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 08:58 PM   #12

Rewards Points: 156
Thanked 2,419 Times in 1,267 Posts
View SemiproJohn's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbriggs82 View Post
Six more months left on my student loans, can't wait to rid myself of that bill. My wife's student loans..... Yeah that's gonna be a while, but she's making good money doing what she loves can't complain about that.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Good for you. That monkey is almost off your back. I still owe a little over 7 grand from an original loan amount of 53,000. I started repaying in 1999. At least the end is in sight. I will have paid almost 90 grand when it's all done. Yuck.
Rbriggs82 (05-14-2018)
Old 05-17-2018, 07:43 AM   #13
Renegade Mod

Rewards Points: 460
Thanked 8,608 Times in 4,006 Posts
View Wolfgang's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpaintchic View Post
well if it'll make you feel good also, wolfe, you can pay all of my loans off! I've got absolutely no emotional attachment to paying them off all by myself.lol congrats to your wife though! Personally, i feel like thats kinda like the "no, i don't want an epidural doctor, i want to have a natural birth." screw that! To each their own i guess....lololol

sent from my sm-g930v using tapatalk
lmao!!!

Tags
None