I blew my chance of fame today - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Paint Talk Community > Off Topic (Non Trade)

Old 03-18-2009, 04:24 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 1,000
View TooledUp's Photo Album My Photos
Angry I blew my chance of fame today

So I got up late this morning. First time since I can't remember when.

I'm only working 1/4 of a mile away in an empty house so didn't bother shaving because time was getting on. I was doing some messy work, sanding walls and filling wood etc so I thought I'd put a dirty pair of overalls on to save my nice clean whites. 10.00 am came and needed coffee/smoke.

Went out the front door poured coffee out of my flask and lit a ciggie up. So there I was in dirty overalls, covered in white dust, unshaven with a cig on one hand and coffee mug in the other when along comes the Google street view car in all it's glory

To top it all my van was parked on the other side of the street so it's gonna be a great ad for me when somebody sees that and swings around the other side then sees me in the state I was in.

I'm hoping they only got my lower half because the house I'm working in is about 6 feet above street level
TooledUp is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2009, 04:36 PM   #2
I'm Colour Blind

Rewards Points: 1,008
View mistcoat's Photo Album My Photos

I bet you looked like Desperate Dan

That's a bummer TU

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

mistcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 05:08 PM   #3

View JNLP's Photo Album My Photos

That's funny. One thing I have noticed though playing around on Google is alot of faces end up blurred. Not sure if it's on purpose or just from the quality of the camera and movement? Go look up your local prostitutes. They all have blurred faces. Not that I was searching for them. I swear.
JNLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2009, 05:26 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistcoat View Post
I bet you looked like Desperate Dan
Actually he looks quite smart compared to what I looke like this morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNLP View Post
That's funny. One thing I have noticed though playing around on Google is alot of faces end up blurred. Not sure if it's on purpose or just from the quality of the camera and movement? Go look up your local prostitutes. They all have blurred faces. Not that I was searching for them. I swear.
They haven't put the UK street view on google yet. I dunno when they intend to. That car's been spotted a lot around here lately so it looks like they're working hard to get it up and running. I'll have to download google earth again and have a wander around that. I think they prolly blurr out the slapper's faces deliberately. I remember reading that one of them was suing google for showng her photo leaning in a car window (or it might have been a purple van) .
Old 03-18-2009, 05:37 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 428
Thanked 1,956 Times in 1,184 Posts
View WisePainter's Photo Album My Photos

oh crap that was funny.

I have seen that truck zipping around KC a lot lately.
WisePainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 05:58 PM   #6

He came back for a second shot! I caught the swine on my phone camera. I was just leaving the end of my street in my van and saw him sat there. I think he was wondering if he was gonna fit under that low bridge ...

Last edited by TooledUp; 08-08-2009 at 04:46 PM..
Old 03-19-2009, 06:15 PM   #7
I'm Colour Blind

Rewards Points: 1,008
View mistcoat's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooledUp View Post
He came back for a second shot! I caught the swine on my phone camera. I was just leaving the end of my street in my van and saw him sat there. I think he was wondering if he was gonna fit under that low bridge ...
That's not the Google car. That a TV License detector vehicle. I hope you got yours TU

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

mistcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 06:28 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistcoat View Post
That's not the Google car. That a TV License detector vehicle. I hope you got yours TU
Lol - Nahh we've got an early warning system in our town for him. That's one of the benefits of living in a small community. If he's spotted coming then the farmer pulls his tractor out in front of him and chugs along at 2 miles an hour while mrs Mcfee lights the bonfire so we all know he's on his way and can turn the tellys off

Last edited by TooledUp; 08-08-2009 at 04:46 PM..
Old 03-19-2009, 06:34 PM   #9
Rock On

View slickshift's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistcoat
That a TV License detector vehicle.
Then there's only one solution....Eat The Telly

slickshift is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None