NatGeo - Combat Rescue - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Paint Talk Community > Off Topic (Non Trade)

Old 02-26-2013, 08:28 PM   #1
Renegade Mod

Rewards Points: 182
Thanked 8,654 Times in 4,039 Posts
View Wolfgang's Photo Album My Photos
Default NatGeo - Combat Rescue

DVR'd two episodes so far and finally set myself up to watch. Wow. Great show and about as real as it comes for a Combat Rescue Detachment based at an air base. Brought back some old memories. Found myself thinking how young they all look, but then I guess I looked that young back in the early 70's. Wouldn't mind seeing some shows with the PJ's attached to some of the Special Ops teams. Thought to myself that these guys actually got to land to pick up the wounded. I think we actually got to land maybe 3-4 times, the rest of the time was either rappelling down or riding the hoist. Jungle vs desert. Well worth watching.
CApainter (02-26-2013), Schmidt & Co. (02-26-2013)

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2013, 08:39 PM   #2
Old as dirt member

Rewards Points: 688
Thanked 8,440 Times in 4,284 Posts
View Schmidt & Co.'s Photo Album My Photos

I'm going to have to catch that. Pretty much anything on the Military Channel or NatGeo and I'm all over it. Sounds like a good one Wolf.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:57 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 264
View Ace Painting's Photo Album My Photos

Great show.
Advertisement

Old 02-26-2013, 09:01 PM   #4
wje

Rewards Points: 1,048
Thanked 2,735 Times in 1,228 Posts
View wje's Photo Album My Photos

Nat Geo is the best channel going.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:27 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 1,874
Thanked 9,599 Times in 5,451 Posts
View CApainter's Photo Album My Photos

Thanks for the tip Wolfgang.

My brother recently retired from an Air Force National Guard unit that served in Iraq and Afghanistan. He got to know the Special forces community really well and will appreciate this film. I hope.
CApainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:30 AM   #6
Renegade Mod

Rewards Points: 182
Thanked 8,654 Times in 4,039 Posts
View Wolfgang's Photo Album My Photos

Another member here on PT, Roaddog, was a mechanic with a few AirRescue squadrons in the mid 70's. Worked on the Hueys if I remember right. I was all Jolly Greens, Hueys, and a few C-130's.

Neat to see the use of technology ie; computers, video screens, live downfeeds, and even Skype to stay in touch with home. Most requested packages from home were kool-aid packets, talcum powder, cotton socks/underwear, (dyed dark green or black). Humidity killed everything. New decks of cards were always welcome. Everybody shared what they had. One PJ's dad had a candy distributorship and used to send boxes of hard candy. If you guys could've seen the look on some of the remote village kids the first time they had a piece of hard candy, you'd think they won the lottery. (Always had a soft spot for the kids.)

What hasn't changed is the demeanor of the PJ's. I liked how they opened up with their feelings on the show.
TJ Paint (02-27-2013)

Tags
None