Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum

Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum (https://www.painttalk.com/)
-   Off Topic (Non Trade) (https://www.painttalk.com/f14/)
-   -   No matter what time I go to bed..... (https://www.painttalk.com/f14/no-matter-what-time-i-go-bed-12273/)

6126 02-07-2011 07:16 AM

No matter what time I go to bed.....
 
For the last month or so I wake up at 2 am every morning. Doesnt matter if I go to bed at 8, 10, or midnite......I wake up at 2 :eek: Its starting to get old. :censored: Not sure if its because Im stressing over business still being slow or what? I dont remember the last time I got a full night of uninterupted sleep? :( So,I get up and come here then at 4:00 I watch The Sopranos which I've seen every episode more times than I can count.

Paradigmzz 02-07-2011 08:33 AM

stress buddy. Hang in there.

ReNt A PaInTeR 02-07-2011 08:56 AM

872 Attachment(s)
you can always work on SEO :thumbsup:

6126 02-07-2011 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paradigmzz (Post 194425)
stress buddy. Hang in there.

Thank you. Yeah, I kinda figured it was. Did my first job in two months last week. I stacked as much cash as I could last summer and was ok for a couple months but things are getting a little tough now.

Wolfgang 02-07-2011 09:25 AM

Hang in there bud. I've always been a real early riser, but it seems when I wake up....I am awake. Very rarely do I ever "sleep in". The Dr. prescribed this stuff called Restoril for me. Works good, non habit-forming, and you don't have that fuzzy hangover feeling in the a.m.. If it gets to be too much of a problem, you should probably see a Dr. though. It can lead to other problems.

Wolf

Paint and Hammer 02-07-2011 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfgang (Post 194445)
Hang in there bud. I've always been a real early riser, but it seems when I wake up....I am awake. Very rarely do I ever "sleep in". The Dr. prescribed this stuff called Restoril for me. Works good, non habit-forming, and you don't have that fuzzy hangover feeling in the a.m.. If it gets to be too much of a problem, you should probably see a Dr. though. It can lead to other problems.

Wolf

Know exactly what that's about. I describe it like a little wheel that starts spinning, it if gets up any significant rpm....I'm up and thinking.

Physical exercise doesn't make a difference, outdoors does.

You've been off for awhile Woodland, your body is probably just adjusting...stress.

Sleep is important...wouldn't hesitate to get some help from a doctor.

WisePainter 02-07-2011 09:43 AM

me: twin boys

you: stress

Pauly Walnuts sez: get in the ****** bed!!

I hate the 2 a.m. awake routine, exhausted by 6 a.m. with a full day ahead...ugh. My 2 kids are banging around for school, the other 3 are getting in the way.
And away we go!

Benadryl or Actifed.
nighty night.

Wolfgang 02-07-2011 09:52 AM

Twin boys + three other kids = stress. Give it a few more years.........LOL

6126 02-07-2011 09:56 AM

Thanks guys. Yeah, it sucks. I wake at 2am every morning and the wheels start turning and I am wide awake. By 6am I am tired again. Next thing ya know if I dont stay busy I want a nap. That only seems to make things worse. It did feel good to finally work again last week after two months off. Nothing this week except a bedroom and misc touch up on Thursday. I guess its time to make a Dr appointment.

WisePainter 02-07-2011 10:04 AM

lol, watch that Sopranos episode where the FBI spends the ENTIRE episode trying to copy a lamp and put it in the basement with a bug...

instant sleep.

that episode was LAME!!!

WisePainter 02-07-2011 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfgang (Post 194453)
Twin boys + three other kids = stress. Give it a few more years.........LOL



yeah everyone says that...all the time.

this house reached terminal velocity the day my daughter turned 9, the wait is over...

No wonder I love working alone.

Wolfgang 02-07-2011 10:11 AM

That's why when I had my business I always scheduled a few jobs that I could do on my own......down time. Always nice when you can mix down time with making money.

6126 02-07-2011 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WisePainter (Post 194455)
lol, watch that Sopranos episode where the FBI spends the ENTIRE episode trying to copy a lamp and put it in the basement with a bug...

instant sleep.

that episode was LAME!!!

Lol, yes it was. Then Meadow ends up taking it to her dorm room :thumbup: I've seen all 86 episodes many times. One of my favorites is probably when Tony was buying some orange juice and a paper and the two guys in the Taurus tried to do a hit on him. Also like it towards the end of the last season when they went to war with Phil :yes:

6126 02-07-2011 10:19 AM


6126 02-07-2011 10:23 AM


daArch 02-07-2011 12:37 PM

I do the same the night before starting a new large job. I found that if I spend extra time the night before making sure I am prepared and have a game plan, I sleep much better. Also, a double shot of Jim Beam before bed helps :thumbup:

But now that winter is here, I set the alarm for 3 1/2 hours after I hit the pillow so I can load the wood stove. Sometimes I actually sleep better getting up and moving around for five or ten minutes.




WisePainter 02-07-2011 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodland (Post 194461)
Lol, yes it was. Then Meadow ends up taking it to her dorm room :thumbup: I've seen all 86 episodes many times. One of my favorites is probably when Tony was buying some orange juice and a paper and the two guys in the Taurus tried to do a hit on him. Also like it towards the end of the last season when they went to war with Phil :yes:

baaaad shots, he got lucky.
the N.Y. family episodes were good.

kill me if I ever ask to rewatch the johnnycakes episodes...icky.


My Brother in N.J. had been telling me to watch it for years, and he finally sent me season 1.
The Sopranos filled my entire summer.

and oh yes he was whacked.

6126 02-07-2011 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WisePainter (Post 194492)


My Brother in N.J. had been telling me to watch it for years, and he finally sent me season 1.
The Sopranos filled my entire summer.

and oh yes he was whacked.

I had ordered season one disc 1 from Netflix just to check it out. Thats all it took. Ended up watching every episode available, then had to subscribe to HBO and catch up the rest On Demand. Evenually saw all those too and had to wait for a new episode each week and finally the last season came and ended. Also watched all the episodes of "The Shield" and now its "Sons of Anarchy"

Brett MCP 02-07-2011 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodland (Post 194407)
For the last month or so I wake up at 2 am every morning. Doesnt matter if I go to bed at 8, 10, or midnite......I wake up at 2 :eek: Its starting to get old. :censored: Not sure if its because Im stressing over business still being slow or what? I dont remember the last time I got a full night of uninterupted sleep? :( So,I get up and come here then at 4:00 I watch The Sopranos which I've seen every episode more times than I can count.

Something that has helped me in the past deal with slow times, is get on a routine of some kind. Taking action of any kind will help put your stress at ease, like making a goal list for your business. Other ideas will begin to start flowing. Stay strong - we are all in this together.

WisePainter 02-07-2011 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodland (Post 194501)
I had ordered season one disc 1 from Netflix just to check it out. Thats all it took. Ended up watching every episode available, then had to subscribe to HBO and catch up the rest On Demand. Evenually saw all those too and had to wait for a new episode each week and finally the last season came and ended. Also watched all the episodes of "The Shield" and now its "Sons of Anarchy"


sons of anarchy is hokey.
it's what clean white suburbia thinks biker gangs look and act like.

Peg Bundy is refreshing as biker trash, but honestly bikers don't have a boardroom and dish out duties such as "patch us into.." or "get an automated update on...". It's like CSI or something.

total ham.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.