our house WAS a very very fine house - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Paint Talk Community > Off Topic (Non Trade)

Old 07-12-2009, 11:12 PM   #1
Old Dog

Rewards Points: 10
View howiepaints's Photo Album My Photos
Default our house WAS a very very fine house

this house has sure gone crazy

First when lurking some time ago, it looked like a house with a solid foundation and lots of comfort and support

Now it's a looney bin

What's with the intolerance you allow some of the "senior members" to get away with. People are refusing to believe others have worthy thoughts. Take off your blinders and realize you are not the only one with valid opinions on this planet. Neps and Vermont can't get their way, so they are moving out.

To anyone who feels like leaving because they can't get their way, I say, "bye bye, don't forget to write. You want cab fare?"

And for the rest of you Napolean wannabes, I say, "get a life." Too many here have become insufferable. Whoever said it was the economy, hit the nail on the head.
howiepaints is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2009, 11:22 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,000
View timhag's Photo Album My Photos

Who the &@(# are you?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

timhag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 11:25 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 1,000
View Last Craftsman's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhag View Post
Who the &@(# are you?

What do you mean dude? He's got eleven whole posts.
Last Craftsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2009, 11:28 PM   #4

View timhag's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Craftsman View Post
What do you mean dude? He's got eleven whole posts.
My bad! Sorry, should have known.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

timhag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 11:48 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 2,658
Thanked 6,792 Times in 4,040 Posts
View ewingpainting.net's Photo Album My Photos
Default our house WAS a very very fine house

WAS!!!!
Now go so it will be a very very fine house again. Or are you going to contribute something that is worth while?
ewingpainting.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 12:06 AM   #6
Old Dog

Rewards Points: 10
View howiepaints's Photo Album My Photos

Just eleven posts. I am sorry internet chat rooms are not my means for survival, justification, sustenance, and validation. Maybe when I have no works nor a more worthwhile life, I will retire here and flap my gums awaiting the applause of other painters.

But until that time, I may or may not post observations and tips as I deem warranted.

And Mr Ewingpainting, thank you kind sir for the examples on how to be pertinent and worthwhile. I may follow your lead.

May Christ be within you all on this blessed and glorious Sabbath. Pray for a tomorrow as perfect as today. We're getting it done now.
howiepaints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 12:53 AM   #7

Rewards Points: 2,486
Thanked 6,705 Times in 4,460 Posts
View Workaholic's Photo Album My Photos

It is still a great forum. You need to know how to wade the waters in this shark tank though.
As RCP said it is just another cycle.
Workaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:02 AM   #8

View nEighter's Photo Album My Photos

I saw a racoon and a fox on the way home tonight. Thought that was pretty cool. As we have taken over their homeland, they still exist. I think it is a pretty cool sight to see an animal you don't see all the time (fox).

/end thread hijack

nEighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:35 AM   #9

Thanked 1,031 Times in 753 Posts
View johnpaint's Photo Album My Photos

Week ends like this only come once in a great while. I'm sure monday will come and things will be all better. We have had a swift ride on this one.
This is a very fine forum and we need to realize what we have.We all have different ideas sometimes, but we all can learn from each other also.

Never argue with a fool - they will drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
johnpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:49 AM   #10

Thanked 5,929 Times in 3,434 Posts
View vermontpainter's Photo Album My Photos

Howie

Welcome to Painttalk. Please dont speak for me, I dont recall saying I was going anywhere. Hope you stick around.

vermontpainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 03:25 AM   #11

Rewards Points: 1,000
View TooledUp's Photo Album My Photos

Like I said in the 'why did my post get deleted' thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooledUp View Post
puǝʞǝǝʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ sıɥʇ uɐɥʇ ǝsɹoʍ sʇǝƃ ʇı
TooledUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 06:19 AM   #12
very senior member

Thanked 5,521 Times in 3,389 Posts
View chrisn's Photo Album My Photos

With two cats in the yard
Life used to be so hard
Now everything is easy
'Cause of you
chrisn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 06:26 AM   #13
Renegade Mod

Rewards Points: 108
Thanked 8,631 Times in 4,025 Posts
View Wolfgang's Photo Album My Photos

Not quite sure what went on this weekend other that what I've read on related posts, and apparently there was one that was deleted. (?)

Sometimes people will be unhappy with where they personally perceive the forum's direction is heading, so they feel it is time to move on. If it was NEPS who decided to move on, I think its somewhat of a shame because he has shared invaluable information during his tenure here.

I also think that all of this is a "by-product" of things getting out of hand and turning personal in nature...if you know what I mean. None of us are alike here and business owners all have an "Alpha" type personality so differences and clashes will occur. So do we keep them business in nature or turn them personal?

I could no more tell VP, Ewing, Aaron, or the rest how to run their business and vice-versa, but find the info they do share to be interesting and keep an open mind whilst reading it. If I disagree, I have either of two options; keep my opinions to myself or say why I disagree in an adult/business fashion. Sometimes sarcasm urges overwhelm all of us and make it to the little screen if front of us. But there is a line that shouldnt be crossed.

We all have a responsibility to continue to shape this forum.
Wolfgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 07:15 AM   #14

Rewards Points: 75
View colorfulpast's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by howiepaints View Post
this house has sure gone crazy

First when lurking some time ago, it looked like a house with a solid foundation and lots of comfort and support

Now it's a looney bin

What's with the intolerance you allow some of the "senior members" to get away with. People are refusing to believe others have worthy thoughts. Take off your blinders and realize you are not the only one with valid opinions on this planet. Neps and Vermont can't get their way, so they are moving out.

To anyone who feels like leaving because they can't get their way, I say, "bye bye, don't forget to write. You want cab fare?"

And for the rest of you Napolean wannabes, I say, "get a life." Too many here have become insufferable. Whoever said it was the economy, hit the nail on the head.
WOW...Them's a fighting words

Where can I send you the book "How To Win Friends And Influence People" by Dale Carnegie.... it's an excellent read, really.
colorfulpast is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None