Perfect Golf Weekend ! - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Paint Talk Community > Off Topic (Non Trade)

Old 09-08-2012, 05:17 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 780
View playedout6's Photo Album My Photos
Default Perfect Golf Weekend !

Well I have been up and prepping for a round of golf since 5:30AM . Early 6:30 tee off . We will be playing skins...and my buddy and I have been passing the same 5 dollar bill pretty well back and forth the last few weeks . I hope I am sharp this morning and can win it back ...he got me for a couple of extra bucks last night because I was dreadfully bad .

Golfing will be over here in 6 weeks and then it is the long Winter ahead and I doubt I will see any Southern sunshine this Winter because work was somewhat scarce this 2012 year thus far and what there was , was not that great paying . Anyways...enough lamenting and off to the course I go to enjoy the beautiful day ahead...might even play twice...turning 50 on Tuesday...and my loving other half is turning 45 on the same day !!! Could be a cause for a celebration ! What a perfect day to crack 80...crossing my fingers ! Have a great weekend everybody...we all deserve one !
playedout6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to playedout6 For This Useful Post:
aaron61 (09-08-2012), Steve Richards (09-08-2012), Workaholic (09-08-2012)

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2012, 08:27 AM   #2
PinheadsUnite

Rewards Points: 1,696
Thanked 17,336 Times in 10,141 Posts
View daArch's Photo Album My Photos

well, you should be hitting the 11th as I write, since there is no one else out there. Hope your shots are straight and true. Stay away from the beeches.

As you get older, it becomes easier to put the ball in the hole than leaning over and taking it out.

"Are we having fun yet"
daArch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daArch For This Useful Post:
playedout6 (09-09-2012), Steve Richards (09-08-2012)
Old 09-08-2012, 09:31 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 673
Thanked 6,023 Times in 3,176 Posts
View Steve Richards's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by daArch View Post
As you get older, it becomes easier to put the ball in the hole than leaning over and taking it out.
Nice

Congrats on making it to PT's OF's club PO6.

A day on the golf course sounds like a good idea.

The trick (for me) is to play 17 holes and then start over again. Once the ball goes under the windmill and into the frog's mouth, I can't get it back.
Steve Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steve Richards For This Useful Post:
daArch (09-08-2012), playedout6 (09-09-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2012, 09:39 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 2,002
Thanked 2,047 Times in 1,196 Posts
View Paint and Hammer's Photo Album My Photos

Good luck getting that 5 back.

There is a promo at a city course near by that kids under 15 play for free with an adult on Sundays.

Every Sunday That we've been in town I've taken my boy for 9. My 'hope' is to get the boy hooked then I can start golfing more regularly again.

Perfect Golf Weekend !-image-338832805.jpg
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paint and Hammer For This Useful Post:
playedout6 (09-09-2012), RH (09-08-2012)
Old 09-08-2012, 09:41 AM   #5
PinheadsUnite

he ain't gonna get hooked with a swing like THAT. Maybe SLICED ...........

"Are we having fun yet"
Old 09-08-2012, 09:55 AM   #6

Quote:
he ain't gonna get hooked with a swing like THAT. Maybe SLICED ...........

He's learning....

It's funny, I have a bunch of friends who are teachers and we chat about how to teach our kids how to golf.

Since that pic he's finally figured out to twist and cock his wrist on the back swing....that was really tough for him to 'get' as its natural for new golfers to think about keeping the face of the club perpendicular to ball through swing.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:03 AM   #7
PinheadsUnite

teaching golf is a VERY tricky thing. I am proud that I was able to instruct Jake at a time in his life when he still listened to me . PLUS he has an ungodly natural ability to hit a ball with a stick - be it tennis, baseball, of golf. I never had that innate ability.

If he has the motive and inclination, I would STRONGLY get him to a COMPETENT teacher so he doesn't need to unlearn any bad habits. But he has to WANT to learn.

I was lucky that I had a decent lessons when I was 12ish. And boy do I need some more now, but I'm too freeking stubborn (gee I wonder where Jake gets it from )

"Are we having fun yet"
Old 09-08-2012, 10:13 AM   #8

Quote:
teaching golf is a VERY tricky thing. I am proud that I was able to instruct Jake at a time in his life when he still listened to me . PLUS he has an ungodly natural ability to hit a ball with a stick - be it tennis, baseball, of golf. I never had that innate ability.

If he has the motive and inclination, I would STRONGLY get him to a COMPETENT teacher so he doesn't need to unlearn any bad habits. But he has to WANT to learn.

I was lucky that I had a decent lessons when I was 12ish. And boy do I need some more now, but I'm too freeking stubborn (gee I wonder where Jake gets it from )

We have a golf dome that I plan to use as a winter activity. They have a variety of promo packs that hopefully we'll get into.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paint and Hammer For This Useful Post:
daArch (09-08-2012), playedout6 (09-09-2012)
Old 09-09-2012, 05:45 PM   #9

Rewards Points: 780
View playedout6's Photo Album My Photos

Well...I scored not great in that round...but I did win 5 skins and a few Greenies which is when we play the par 3's for a buck or a Loonie as we call it in Canada . You have to have the closest tee shot on a par 3 to the Flag/hole and be on the green and then if you par it you get a buck from the other 3 guys with you . I was lucky enough to win by being tight to the pin/flag on 3 of the 4 par 3 holes and of course I parred them LOL . On the Skin wins I was lucky that the other 3 guys were all sawing each other off and I was able to sneak in with 3 birdies . LOL...the other 3 guys had all scores of 83 and I went 50 on the front 9 and had a 41 on the back 9 and I finished by birdying the 18th on which I was a foot from the pin . On the approach shot on 18 I hit a foot in front of the pin and it bounced up and hit the pin about a foot up and landed a foot away . It was almost an Eagle ...but almost is like kissing your sister .

I went out alone today...it was misty and rainy early this morning so I only played about 5 holes and then spent the next 3 hours scouring the woods and the pond edges for lost balls . I was able to restock quite well...I found 64 balls in total with about over half of them being of good quality . You can see the # 7 Hole here... http://youtu.be/DIZR2vpo33I
playedout6 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to playedout6 For This Useful Post:
Paint and Hammer (09-10-2012)

Tags
None