Punch List for Santa, (feel free to add as needed). - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Paint Talk Community > Off Topic (Non Trade)

Old 12-25-2015, 01:04 PM   #1
Troy

Rewards Points: 144
Thanked 2,554 Times in 1,123 Posts
View stelzerpaintinginc.'s Photo Album My Photos
Default Punch List for Santa, (feel free to add as needed).

-every toy that requires batteries BETTER include batteries
-every noise making toy should have a volume control
-instructions should actually be clear & complete.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to stelzerpaintinginc. For This Useful Post:
CApainter (12-25-2015), I paint paint (12-25-2015), RH (12-25-2015), Wolfgang (12-25-2015)

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2015, 01:12 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,332
Thanked 9,559 Times in 5,425 Posts
View CApainter's Photo Album My Photos

Double check "Mrs. Claus'" vague specifications before buying an expensive set of cooking knives. Return item #1.
CApainter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CApainter For This Useful Post:
I paint paint (12-25-2015), RH (12-25-2015), stelzerpaintinginc. (12-25-2015)
Old 12-25-2015, 02:17 PM   #3
RH

Rewards Points: 10,338
Thanked 15,366 Times in 8,050 Posts
View RH's Photo Album My Photos

Really big biodegradable plastic bags for cleaning up after the reindeer. HOs finding large piles of poo on their roof = a bad Yelp review.

Also, duct tape, zip ties in various sizes, and some velcro straps for emergency repairs and/or containment problems.

Groucho Marx

Last edited by RH; 12-25-2015 at 02:21 PM..
RH is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RH For This Useful Post:
stelzerpaintinginc. (12-25-2015)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-25-2015, 02:26 PM   #4
Renegade Mod

Rewards Points: 520
Thanked 8,618 Times in 4,015 Posts
View Wolfgang's Photo Album My Photos

Last year I asked the wife what she wanted for her birthday. A black purse. Have you ever walked by the woman's purse section in a store? My gawd. I already knew this. I gave her what I thought was sufficient funds for one. Do you know what those things go for? My gawd. I gave her more funds. She got the purse she wanted.

Women should be required to give actual sizes, colors, where, how much, and preferably a picture of it.

Ordering it online should not be held against you. Not everybody wants to shop in stores.

If it arrives in a box, the box itself should suffice as wrapping if a pre made bow is stuck on it.

If you budget i.e.; $200 for her and find it somewhere for $100, you should be able to pocket the $100 saved for yourself without being called a cheap bastard.

Coupons should be considered gifts.
CApainter (12-25-2015), chrisn (12-26-2015), I paint paint (12-25-2015), lilpaintchic (12-27-2015), Rbriggs82 (12-25-2015), RH (12-25-2015), slinger58 (12-25-2015), stelzerpaintinginc. (12-25-2015), Wildbill7145 (12-26-2015)
Old 12-25-2015, 06:55 PM   #5
Troy

Rewards Points: 144
Thanked 2,554 Times in 1,123 Posts
View stelzerpaintinginc.'s Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgang View Post
Last year I asked the wife what she wanted for her birthday. A black purse. Have you ever walked by the woman's purse section in a store? My gawd. I already knew this. I gave her what I thought was sufficient funds for one. Do you know what those things go for? My gawd. I gave her more funds. She got the purse she wanted.

Women should be required to give actual sizes, colors, where, how much, and preferably a picture of it.

Ordering it online should not be held against you. Not everybody wants to shop in stores.

If it arrives in a box, the box itself should suffice as wrapping if a pre made bow is stuck on it.

If you budget i.e.; $200 for her and find it somewhere for $100, you should be able to pocket the $100 saved for yourself without being called a cheap bastard.

Couldn't agree more with the wife giving as much details as possible. I want full spec sheets, prints, front/rear elevations, etc. When it comes down to me understanding what she wants, assume I'm incapable of guessing and spell it all out for me, in BOLD type.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stelzerpaintinginc. For This Useful Post:
CApainter (12-27-2015), Wolfgang (12-27-2015)
Old 12-27-2015, 12:09 AM   #6

Rewards Points: 5,006
Thanked 1,897 Times in 1,217 Posts
View lilpaintchic's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:

That is truly halarious! I had to share it with my husband and he couldn't agree more....lolol
lilpaintchic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lilpaintchic For This Useful Post:
Wolfgang (12-27-2015)
Old 12-27-2015, 11:16 AM   #7
Renegade Mod

Rewards Points: 520
Thanked 8,618 Times in 4,015 Posts
View Wolfgang's Photo Album My Photos

My wife and I have an agreement that we never buy clothes for one another. There is no way in hell that a man should be expected to know the reasoning behind women's clothing sizes. Buy a size you innocently think is accurate, it turns out to be 1 or 2 sizes too large, and your married life has just become a living hell for a length of time only she determines. Any thing over 1 or 2 sizes too large, and you probably shouldn't be married in the first place.

Men's clothes are sized logically.
CApainter (12-27-2015)
Old 12-27-2015, 11:47 AM   #8
RH

Rewards Points: 10,338
Thanked 15,366 Times in 8,050 Posts
View RH's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
My wife and I have an agreement that we never buy clothes for one another. There is no way in hell that a man should be expected to know the reasoning behind women's clothing sizes. Buy a size you innocently think is accurate, it turns out to be 1 or 2 sizes too large, and your married life has just become a living hell for a length of time only she determines. Any thing over 1 or 2 sizes too large, and you probably shouldn't be married in the first place.

Men's clothes are sized logically.
I agree completely. Add to that the fact that women's clothing is so much more costly than it is for men - even if it's essentially the same thing such as a sweater.

Jan has learned to only ask for a clothing item if she can tell me the exact size, color, and the location where I can get it. Sometimes she'll even tell me when and for how long it will be on sale. Now, if I can just get her to buy and wrap it I can write my book on how to make shopping for women easy and make my fortune.

Groucho Marx
RH is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RH For This Useful Post:
CApainter (12-27-2015)
Old 12-27-2015, 11:59 AM   #9

Rewards Points: 1,332
Thanked 9,559 Times in 5,425 Posts
View CApainter's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH View Post
I agree completely. Add to that the fact that women's clothing is so much more costly than it is for men - even if it's essentially the same thing such as a sweater.

Jan has learned to only ask for a clothing item if she can tell me the exact size, color, and the location where I can get it. Sometimes she'll even tell me when and for how long it will be on sale. Now, if I can just get her to buy and wrap it I can write my book on how to make shopping for women easy and make my fortune.
I've bought my wife only one item of clothing in the our thirty one years of marriage. It was a pink and black horizontal stripped sweater I gave her for Christmas in 1985, which she immediately returned.

The other item I got her, was a piece of lingerie ( a "Baby Doll" I think they called it) that I won in a lingerie raffle drawing held at the local watering hole. Probably because it didn't fit her, she got rid of it before strangling me with it.
CApainter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CApainter For This Useful Post:
Wolfgang (12-27-2015)

Tags
None