Radio fans? - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Paint Talk Community > Off Topic (Non Trade)

Old 12-30-2015, 11:05 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 210
View canopainting's Photo Album My Photos
Default Radio fans?

Are there any art bell or coast-to-coast a.m. fans on PaintTalk? I've been listening for years. Art Bell just recently quit his show again. I love all the paranormal stories, especially Sasquatch story's .
canopainting is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to canopainting For This Useful Post:
radio11 (12-30-2015)

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2015, 11:45 AM   #2
RH

Rewards Points: 10,302
Thanked 15,365 Times in 8,049 Posts
View RH's Photo Album My Photos

Pretty much sports talk radio all day for me. Unless Jan is on the job then the comedy channel is likely on the menu for a few hours of the day.

Groucho Marx
RH is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RH For This Useful Post:
Wildbill7145 (12-31-2015)
Old 12-30-2015, 12:12 PM   #3
Retired Moderator

Rewards Points: 840
Thanked 10,458 Times in 5,722 Posts
View Gough's Photo Album My Photos

K's Christmas present came with a 90-day "free" trial of satellite radio. I think I'm hooked.
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2015, 01:04 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 44
View radio11's Photo Album My Photos

I'm a life long talk radio fan of a number of flavors--even had my own hunting/fishing show for a couple years and hosted another for a while. Conservative talk every day, firearm podcasts often and even the weekend comedy shows on NPR. Music is simply chewing gum for the ears, but do enjoy a little now and then.

I did listen (off and on over the years) to Art Bell and respect his radio longevity. George Noory has done a good job with Coast to Coast since he left that several years ago. Not a huge fan of the more outlandish stuff (big foot, smiley face killer, etc), but long live the CHUPACABRA!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
radio11 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to radio11 For This Useful Post:
CApainter (12-30-2015), DrakeB (12-31-2015)
Old 12-30-2015, 01:36 PM   #5
Retired Moderator

The best thing about satellite radio? Being able to avoid the stuff and nonsense that dominates AM talk radio. We find this to be especially true on our cross-country trips.
DrakeB (12-31-2015)
Old 12-30-2015, 01:48 PM   #6
RH

Rewards Points: 10,302
Thanked 15,365 Times in 8,049 Posts
View RH's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gough View Post
The best thing about satellite radio? Being able to avoid the stuff and nonsense that dominates AM talk radio. We find this to be especially true on our cross-country trips.
And yet here you are, a moderator on PT. Strong masochistic streak eh?

Groucho Marx
RH is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RH For This Useful Post:
DrakeB (12-31-2015), Gough (12-30-2015), slinger58 (12-30-2015), Wolfgang (12-30-2015)
Old 12-30-2015, 03:21 PM   #7

Rewards Points: 1,298
Thanked 9,558 Times in 5,424 Posts
View CApainter's Photo Album My Photos

I used to be an avid AM radio listener. I've been wearing some sort of audio device on my head, or in my ear, since the early 80's.

Lately, I've moved from AM to FM. In particular, NPR. Although it can politically be a pretty liberal program, it has been a lot better than the alternative. Once AM got rid of their excellent hosts in favor of 24/7 news, brain potions, and brokers, I said adios.

Unfortunately, my ipad mini is too clunky to carry with me in order to enjoy the podcasts I've become interested in.
CApainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 04:25 PM   #8
Retired Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH View Post
And yet here you are, a moderator on PT. Strong masochistic streak eh?
That's one thing, but being partway across North Dakota and facing the prospect of 6 more hours of AM talk radio is another story.
Old 12-30-2015, 04:50 PM   #9
King Dude

Thanked 5,038 Times in 2,864 Posts
View Rbriggs82's Photo Album My Photos

I'm a HUGE Howard Stern fan. If he's not on or I've already heard a repeat I'm listening to conservative talk Sirius Patriot 125. Don't really care for the mainstream guys like Hannity. I like Andrew Wilkow and Mike Church but he just got the boot from Sirius.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|

|
|
Rbriggs82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 05:08 PM   #10
Renegade Mod

Rewards Points: 516
Thanked 8,617 Times in 4,014 Posts
View Wolfgang's Photo Album My Photos

I kinda like listening to "local" am or fm stations when I'm traveling. I've heard some of the funniest stuff ever on them.
radio11 (12-30-2015)
Old 12-30-2015, 05:36 PM   #11

Yes sir. I used to travel a lot for hunting and always loved the local hunting/fishing forecast, farm reports, etc. Small town talk shows and "live spot" commercials were a hoot. People are people wherever you go--the issues are similar, but somewhat more "innocent and honest" in smaller communities.

The Following User Says Thank You to radio11 For This Useful Post:
slinger58 (12-30-2015)
Old 12-30-2015, 08:10 PM   #12

Rewards Points: 82
Thanked 5,829 Times in 3,142 Posts
View slinger58's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbriggs82 View Post
I'm a HUGE Howard Stern fan. If he's not on or I've already heard a repeat I'm listening to conservative talk Sirius Patriot 125. Don't really care for the mainstream guys like Hannity. I like Andrew Wilkow and Mike Church but he just got the boot from Sirius.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk
I've never understood the Howard Stern thing. Wasn't he one of the original "Shock-Jocks"? It's been a long time ago he made his name and I tried to watch his show one time. Yeah, he'd sling the "F" word and use other explicit terms, but so what? Doesn't take much talent for that. What's the attraction?
Old 12-30-2015, 09:09 PM   #13

Rewards Points: 114
View The Cutting Edge's Photo Album My Photos

Mark Levin.
The Cutting Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 10:34 PM   #14

Rewards Points: 1,298
Thanked 9,558 Times in 5,424 Posts
View CApainter's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinger58 View Post
I've never understood the Howard Stern thing. Wasn't he one of the original "Shock-Jocks"? It's been a long time ago he made his name and I tried to watch his show one time. Yeah, he'd sling the "F" word and use other explicit terms, but so what? Doesn't take much talent for that. What's the attraction?
I never could get into the morning zoo crap a lot of stations have, or the constant salacious shock jock crap that Howard Stern produces. Who gives a crap about baba booey or whatever.i I think it's maybe just a real NYC type of thing.

We have the same juvenile stuff here on rock stations where prank phone calls are made and a bunch of other garbage is delivered that apparently a lot of people enjoy.

If I want comedy, I usually tune into a Pandora station. That way, I'm actually getting a professional comedic program.
CApainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 03:39 AM   #15
King Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinger58 View Post
It's definitely not a show for everyone especially for those that don't like adult humor or bad language. In order to really get the feel for the show you have to listen to a couple in full to really understand. Just catching a piece of a show once or seeing 15mins of the old E show and dismissing it is like only see 5mins of the Seinfeld pilot and saying the entire series sucked.

He is by far, no comparison the best interviewer on the planet as of right now. He goes an hour plus with no commercials and has an ability to get things out of people no one else can. I especially like the interviews with previous SNL cast members and classic rocker guys. Some of the best recently were Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Amy Poehler, Adam Sandler, David Spade, Larry David, Tina Fey, James Taylor, John Fogarty, ZZ Top, Don Henley, Billy Joel, Madonna, David Crosby, Neil Young.

People you'd never think you'd like or care about he can make you see them in light you've never thought possible. The biggest that comes to mind is Lady Gaga. Not only a great interview but good lord can she sing. Her live performances on his show will leave you with chills she's that good.

Like I said it's not for everyone but to really decide whether or not you like it requires listening to a couple shows in full to understand what the show is about.

|
|
|

|
|
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rbriggs82 For This Useful Post:
paintball head (01-01-2016), slinger58 (12-31-2015)
Old 12-31-2015, 06:56 AM   #16

Rewards Points: 954
Thanked 4,486 Times in 2,470 Posts
View Wildbill7145's Photo Album My Photos

I miss talk radio. When I lived in Vancouver I listened to sports talk radio 24hrs a day. Had the radio on to help me sleep at night and had it on all day long. I liked knowing what was going on in the world in terms of politics and news.

Now I live in a town with one stupid small town radio station that plays the same stupid songs every single day but boasts how much variety they have. Stupid announcers who make the silliest jokes about absolutely nothing.

At this point I find out more about what's going on the world from you guys than anywhere else.

Wildbill7145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 07:53 AM   #17
King Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildbill7145 View Post
I miss talk radio. When I lived in Vancouver I listened to sports talk radio 24hrs a day. Had the radio on to help me sleep at night and had it on all day long. I liked knowing what was going on in the world in terms of politics and news.

Now I live in a town with one stupid small town radio station that plays the same stupid songs every single day but boasts how much variety they have. Stupid announcers who make the silliest jokes about absolutely nothing.

At this point I find out more about what's going on the world from you guys than anywhere else.
Get Siriusxm. With their app on you're phone all the talk shows are OnDemand and allow you to download them to the app. Every morning before I leave I make sure I have some fresh shows on there first.

|
|
|

|
|
The Following User Says Thank You to Rbriggs82 For This Useful Post:
Wildbill7145 (01-09-2016)
Old 12-31-2015, 09:34 AM   #18

Admittedly, I'm very tech challenged, but through the various smart phone apps, most every radio station in this hemisphere is at my fingertips. And podcasts--thousands of them dealing with tens of thousands of issues (or no issue at all). They are a whole new frontier that is just starting to shape the world--infinite options.

I generally listen to local talk (via true radio waves) on my truck radio, but for the most part, my phone is my radio.

Old 12-31-2015, 12:39 PM   #19

Rewards Points: 256
View capepainter's Photo Album My Photos

We listen to a lot of sports talk radio
capepainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 02:10 PM   #20

Rewards Points: 764
Thanked 1,821 Times in 1,136 Posts
View DrakeB's Photo Album My Photos

Huh, I guess I kinda figured talk radio was a diminishing field. The only radio host I listen to (and I don't even know his radio show, I watch his YouTube videos, which are just voice recordings with slides) is Adam Buckley. His YT vids are good.

Otherwise, I listen to music. I hate the talk radio interrupting my classic rock station in the morning. I could listen to music for months and never hear the sound of a human that's not singing and I wouldn't miss a thing.
DrakeB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DrakeB For This Useful Post:
Gough (12-31-2015), SemiproJohn (12-31-2015), slinger58 (12-31-2015)

Tags
None