vacationing in Phoenix/Scottsdale area - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Paint Talk Community > Off Topic (Non Trade)

Old 01-08-2009, 10:33 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 75
View HeatherP's Photo Album My Photos
Default vacationing in Phoenix/Scottsdale area

Hi all from cold snowy Alberta Canada. My husband and I are wanting to take a week off from the cold and snow and thought we'd do a trip down to Arizona. I am wondering if any of you who live in that area or have vacationed there before can give us an idea of some good areas to stay in (we would like to do a home/condo rental as opposed to a hotel...but haven't ruled out the hotels). We will be renting a car so we can go exploring ie. Sedona etc. He likes to golf and I like to ride horses (he doesn't ride and I don't golf). Any tips/ideas any of you could suggest would be greatly appreciated as we have never travelled down there before.
HeatherP is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2009, 07:48 PM   #2
RCP

Rewards Points: 78
Thanked 4,804 Times in 3,011 Posts
View RCP's Photo Album My Photos

Heather, most of the posters here are from the East Coast. I live in Southern Utah, I use www.tripadvisor.com to get travel advice. Lots of great tips, reviews and forums there. I still have a few areas here and in Nevada to check out and then am planning a trip to Legacy Golf Resort, it is a timeshare that you can rent (without going to a presentation). Another place to find rental homes is vrbo.com. Try this http://www.tubacgolfresort.com/todo-outdoor.asp
If you are not set on Arizona, try Las Vegas, rates are falling big time.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:58 PM   #3

Chris, Thanks for all the info. I have used expedia and travelocity and had totally forgotten about tripadvisor. Have been doing some browsing through vrbo.com. I've seen that Vegas is becoming a better deal, but have been there twice and don't feel the need to do it again yet. So will look further into Scottsdale.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2009, 10:07 PM   #4
RCP

Rewards Points: 78
Thanked 4,804 Times in 3,011 Posts
View RCP's Photo Album My Photos

I understand, we stay away from the strip. Have fun planning your trip!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
RCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:51 AM   #5
The Lurker

Rewards Points: 2,000
View MAK-Deco's Photo Album My Photos

My mother and mother in law live in the Scottsdale area (travel there once every 18 months)and you can't go wrong looking for a place there, its a couple of hours north to Sedona from there, this time of the year it will be a nice change from Canada, there are some sketchy parts of Phoenix but if you stay north of downtown you should be all right or Scottsdale as mentioned...

MAK-Deco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 01:22 AM   #6
Windy City Painting

View Jeff.Chicago's Photo Album My Photos

If you go to Phoenix, you have to go tubin' down the Salt River in Mesa! Check it out! www.saltrivertubing.com
Jeff.Chicago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 01:54 PM   #7

this time of the year it will be a nice change from Canada, I can't wait to soak up some warmth!
there are some sketchy parts of Phoenix but if you stay north of downtown you should be all right or Scottsdale as mentioned...good to know these things
If you go to Phoenix, you have to go tubin' down the Salt River in Mesa!
that looks like a blast! Thanks for the link...
Old 01-10-2009, 01:55 PM   #8

ohhh...just checked the tubing out more closely and they are closed till May...
Old 01-10-2009, 11:34 PM   #9
dhp

Rewards Points: 10
View dhp's Photo Album My Photos

im in phoenix/scottsdale..pm me or call me, ill fill ya in

marc
dhp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None