PM Box is full... again. - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Forum Support > Site Help and Suggestions

Old 11-09-2010, 12:01 AM   #1
Logistics

Rewards Points: 2,100
View jack pauhl's Photo Album My Photos
Default PM Box is full... again.

Can I have more box space please. I really dont like dumping the box. Or is there a way to simply email a member directly if they provide an email on their profile? Members emailing members.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

jack pauhl is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2010, 12:06 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,486
Thanked 6,705 Times in 4,460 Posts
View Workaholic's Photo Album My Photos

I think you will have to either dump your messages or save them to a folder so you can archive them yourself. You could request the email address of whoever you are interacting with and communicate through email.

Another option would be to not make a copy of sent messages, this will double your space but if you do this and you do not get a response your message will be lost.
Workaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 12:14 AM   #3
Logistics

Ok. Wasnt sure if there was a setting OFF by default in CP that allowed emailing member to member some how.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2010, 12:23 AM   #4

I think only if the member checks the box in the user CP to receive emails from other members. Then you should get the send email right below the send pm when you click on the members name.

So yes you can get what you want if they and/or you check that box.

Last edited by Workaholic; 11-09-2010 at 12:26 AM..
Old 11-09-2010, 06:40 AM   #5

Rewards Points: 2,030
Thanked 4,211 Times in 2,057 Posts
View aaron61's Photo Album My Photos

Are you a "Hoarder"

aaron61 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to aaron61 For This Useful Post:
JNLP (11-18-2010)
Old 11-09-2010, 10:41 AM   #6
Logistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron61 View Post
Are you a "Hoarder"
haha... well not a physical aspect hoader like 'things' but rather an data type hoarder. I have backups of my backups. I just like to reference back to things should the need come up. I really take advantage of google products for tagging information so I can find things easy on the fly. Helps responding to posts too.

Old 11-09-2010, 05:34 PM   #7
PinheadsUnite

Rewards Points: 1,696
Thanked 17,336 Times in 10,141 Posts
View daArch's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron61 View Post
Are you a "Hoarder"
Who, Me?

"Are we having fun yet"
daArch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 06:00 PM   #8
RCP

Rewards Points: 78
Thanked 4,804 Times in 3,011 Posts
View RCP's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by daArch View Post
Who, Me?
Is it hereditary? I have seen pictures........

RCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 06:04 PM   #9

Rewards Points: 2,030
Thanked 4,211 Times in 2,057 Posts
View aaron61's Photo Album My Photos

Do you really need to keep everything??

aaron61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 07:51 PM   #10
Logistics

ok feeling like a moron here... help me out..

I'm under CP >Settings then >Edit Options

I see this
You can allow other members to send you email messages.
Receive Email from Other Members

It's checked. I assume by default because I dont recall checking it. So then how do you email someone with this option direct from the email address they enter in the CP email options?

TIA

Old 11-09-2010, 08:11 PM   #11
RCP

Rewards Points: 78
Thanked 4,804 Times in 3,011 Posts
View RCP's Photo Album My Photos

From your profile, once they send, it will go to your email, and you will have theirs.
Attached Images

RCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 08:23 PM   #12
Logistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCP View Post
From your profile, once they send, it will go to your email, and you will have theirs.
You see an option to send jack pauhl email when u click me? I tried clicking on some random people (you too) but dont see their send email option.

Are you not set for it?

Old 11-09-2010, 08:25 PM   #13

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Sean/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/Sean/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png[/IMG]

It will look like this if a member chooses to send you an email, I have that option for all members whether they have that box selected or not, maybe RCP can look at Rob's to make sure it is working properly.
Attached Thumbnails
PM Box is full... again.-jp-snip.jpg  

Old 11-09-2010, 08:28 PM   #14

Most people are only set for the administrator and moderators, so if there is someone you want to interact that way with you should pm them to check that box as well.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:29 PM   #15
Logistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workaholic View Post
[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Sean/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/Sean/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png[/IMG]

It will look like this if a member chooses to send you an email, I have that option for all members whether they have that box selected or not, maybe RCP can look at Rob's to make sure it is working properly.
Lets make this an all week project. haha sorry, didnt think it would be this involved. I clicked a bunch of members but dont see any send email options for anyone so far. Maybe it was unchecked by default.

Old 11-09-2010, 08:30 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack pauhl View Post
Lets make this an all week project. haha sorry, didnt think it would be this involved. I clicked a bunch of members but dont see any send email options for anyone so far. Maybe it was unchecked by default.
Yeah I think it is unchecked by default.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:30 PM   #17
Logistics

Sean I do not see a send email option for you when I click your name. Should I see one?

Old 11-09-2010, 08:32 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack pauhl View Post
Sean I do not see a send email option for you when I click your name. Should I see one?
I think it is checked for the moderators and Nathan, let me change it and then you can see it.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:33 PM   #19

Try now.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:36 PM   #20
Logistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workaholic View Post
Try now.

Tags
None