Behr Deck Over - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Professional Painters > Specialty Coatings

Old 07-05-2013, 02:57 PM   #1
www.mpwdenver.com

Rewards Points: 150
View Mod Paint Works's Photo Album My Photos
Default Behr Deck Over

Has anyone used this product on concrete?
I know grinding is preferred for concrete, but this job isnt budgeted for that. Stripped, etched, and now searching for that longest-lasting coating.
I can already hear the criticism rolling in... behr... etching... painting floors... etc. Not the most ideal situation for durability.
Customer wants non-slip, low sheen, custom color, and a million dollars

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mod Paint Works is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2013, 03:59 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,574
Thanked 5,172 Times in 2,981 Posts
View straight_lines's Photo Album My Photos
Send a message via Yahoo to straight_lines

I don't think it will last like a proper concrete coating will. Once it starts failing would be the nightmare, so be sure you won't want to get that call.

Primer makes everything better...
straight_lines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:42 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 14
Thanked 3,731 Times in 1,918 Posts
View Jmayspaint's Photo Album My Photos

I was just checking this product out. Its very similar to the Olympic Rescue, and the Super Deck 'Deck and Dock. Both claim to be suitable for rough concrete that only gets foot traffic.

The Rustolem restore is also similar, but it goes on thicker.
Jmayspaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2013, 10:51 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 240
View paintpimp's Photo Album My Photos

Is this for a garage? Or some other concrete surface?
paintpimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 02:48 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 10
View MDHpainting's Photo Album My Photos

Mod Paint Works --

I haven't used that Behr product specifically but I have had back luck in the past with Behr concrete floor coatings. Had a homeowner insist that we use Behr concrete epoxy to do their garage floor once and it peeled up in certain areas within a few days. Behr ended up giving us enough product to re-do the floor but I wouldn't definitely steer clear of it.

I've had the best luck with Sherwin-Williams products. They're the main player here in Michigan.
MDHpainting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 01:17 AM   #6

Rewards Points: 1,331
Thanked 1,168 Times in 635 Posts
View Hines Painting's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mod Paint Works View Post
Has anyone used this product on concrete?
I know grinding is preferred for concrete, but this job isnt budgeted for that. Stripped, etched, and now searching for that longest-lasting coating.
I can already hear the criticism rolling in... behr... etching... painting floors... etc. Not the most ideal situation for durability.
Customer wants non-slip, low sheen, custom color, and a million dollars
I wouldn't do it, but if you're set on it....

If it's rough concrete you might be okay.

If it's smooth...Cash the check and block their number.

|
|
Hines Painting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 06:39 AM   #7

Rewards Points: 250
View Epoxy Pro's Photo Album My Photos

I have seen this stuff fail on concrete, smooth or rough it doesn't bond well. If for a garage floor it will fail with in a couple of days, walking surface depending on foot traffic.
Epoxy Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 10:38 PM   #8

Rewards Points: 2,068
View richmondpainting's Photo Album My Photos

Bad idea....I did one deck with "restore" ive never had anything fail soo miserably. ...ever....

richmondpainting is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None