H & C concrete sealer wet look - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Professional Painters > Specialty Coatings

Old 07-16-2014, 05:41 PM   #1
Knocking out paint jobs

Rewards Points: 14
View Pat_The_Painter's Photo Album My Photos
Default H & C concrete sealer wet look

I went onto an appointment the other day for an exterior paint job and the lady also asked if i could seal her concrete and flagstone patio that was installed in May. I told her yes, I have never done this before and researched how to apply but in the video makes it seem like you only have to etch sometimes. When should i etch, is it essential? How long will the product last? I was going to pressure wash 1st, etch 2nd if necessary and seal with 2 coats last (spray and back roll). Any advise would help.

Thanks
Pat_The_Painter is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2014, 11:45 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,384
Thanked 1,043 Times in 675 Posts
View MikeCalifornia's Photo Album My Photos

Read the back on the can of the product or pull a data page right from the SW website. It will tell you all you need to know to apply the product, right down to the prep work. Follow directions when all else fails!!
MikeCalifornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 12:33 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 77
View darrpreb00's Photo Album My Photos

Etch it and have less worries. That stuff shoots cotton candy looking stuff off sides off fan when you spray. Really wierd. It melts into finish though unless its really hot. Do in the shade if possible. I did a pool deck last year and it looks awesome but man im still crossing my fingers afraid its going to pop off. Fun job to do. I upsell sealers on all brick and aggregate now. Homeowners love it. I suggest rolling anything less than 100 sq ft
darrpreb00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2014, 12:39 AM   #4
A Brush Above

Rewards Points: 2,614
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,863 Posts
View Paradigmzz's Photo Album My Photos

Diamondbrush or grind for failsafe. I dont chemical etch no more. I dont do potential fails. I dont have the time or the money to be wrong. Chances are you will be safe, but bulletproof feels a whole lot more comfortable.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Quote:
I wouldn't worry about it.This internet thing aint gonna last
Paradigmzz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
concrete sealer, h&c sealer, wet look