looking for long lasting concrete paint / stain on exterior with lots of foot traffic - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Professional Painters > Specialty Coatings

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Brushman4
  • 1 Post By MikeCalifornia

Old 01-24-2019, 12:18 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 2
View rHudson81's Photo Album My Photos
Default looking for long lasting concrete paint / stain on exterior with lots of foot traffic

looking for recommendations of product to use on exterior stamped concrete, looking for something that is tintable or can be colored. there is a lot of foot traffic in this area but no auto traffic, it is in a covered walk way. we tried using a Sherwin Williams colortop concrete stain that was supposed to do the trick. however it didn't even last 6 months before it started coming off due to foot traffic.
Attached Images

rHudson81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2019, 01:01 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,500
View Brushman4's Photo Album My Photos

It seems like the consensus opinion is that when SW bought H&C, the quality went downhill fast.
Epoxy Pro likes this.
Brushman4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 03:17 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 154
Thanked 2,419 Times in 1,267 Posts
View SemiproJohn's Photo Album My Photos

I'm not advocating that you use HC products, but their xylene based stain is much better than the water based version.
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2019, 06:26 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 250
View Epoxy Pro's Photo Album My Photos

WB epoxy is in my mind only good for light foot traffic areas.
Epoxy Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 01:58 PM   #5
Peters Painting

Rewards Points: 6
View Peters Painting's Photo Album My Photos
Default Porch and floor enamel

I've had good success using Glidden water based porch and floor enamel. It goes on smooth, lays off without flashing and dries quickly and is durable to foot traffic. Any heavier traffic I prefer epoxy coatings for their hardness and cleanability.
Peters Painting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 01:03 AM   #6

Rewards Points: 924
View MikeCalifornia's Photo Album My Photos

Epoxy? You guys know epoxy is interior only right??
To the OP, what kind of job is this? and what kind of foot traffic are we talking about? The product posted is pretty light duty, share with us what kind of prep you did to ensure this product would stick to stamped concrete. In my experience stamped concrete, unless yours was brand spanking new, is always coated with a urethane or exterior wet look lacquer. And unless it had completely wore off would need some significant prep for a new coating to adhere.
Holland likes this.
MikeCalifornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 05:31 AM   #7

Rewards Points: 2
View udaykumar612001's Photo Album My Photos
Default Heat Reflective Paint

I had done heat reflective coating on my roof two years back and it seems to be working perfectly good . It has reduced internal and roof top temperature as marketed by the product. I got the product Excel CoolCoat (Heat Reflective Coating from xlcoatings.com) after a lot of market study and this seems to work on principle of continuous rejection of UV and IR Rays. It also takes good foot traffic and reduces temperature as well. Prevents formation of cracks and ageing of buildings due to heat and extends the life of the buildings for a longer period.
udaykumar612001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 07:00 PM   #8

Rewards Points: 1,674
View Mr Smith's Photo Album My Photos

This looks promising. Seal Krete is a respectable name in the business of concrete coatings. It is textured and only comes in their own colors.

Non-Slip Decorative Finish for Concrete & Masonry Surfaces
Resistant to Moisture, Salt, Chlorine and Oil
Hides Imperfections, Stains & Discolorations
Available in two premixed colors or tintable to 36 colors
Meets ADA requirements for Non-Slip Coatings

Performance-tested on commercial traffic sites, Floor-Tex outwears conventional anti-skid coatings, paints and stains. It’s also suitable for wood stairs.

TYPICAL USES
✓ Pool Decks

✓ Patios & Porches

✓ Ramps & Walkways

✓ Driveways

✓ Concrete Steps

✓ Carports

http://www.seal-krete.com/floor-tex-patio-paint.html

Last edited by Mr Smith; 05-27-2019 at 07:13 PM..
Mr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None