Mythic Paint Experience - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Professional Painters > Specialty Coatings

Old 02-15-2008, 10:32 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 250
View Roadog's Photo Album My Photos
Default Mythic Paint Experience

This past week we used Mythic in New Orleans on some Katrina restoration work. I was very impressed. No odor that I could really notice, smooth and creamy, brushed well (even a rose color, one coat) rolled great. No headache (common with me with any brand acrylic interior coating).
If you hav'nt tried it yet, you owe yourself to see for yourself. Pictures next week! Give it a test drive.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Roadog is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2008, 12:03 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,000
Thanked 5,929 Times in 3,434 Posts
View vermontpainter's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadog View Post
This past week we used Mythic in New Orleans on some Katrina restoration work. I was very impressed. No odor that I could really notice, smooth and creamy, brushed well (even a rose color, one coat) rolled great. No headache (common with me with any brand acrylic interior coating).
If you hav'nt tried it yet, you owe yourself to see for yourself. Pictures next week! Give it a test drive.

Absolutely good stuff. We have been testing it in our shop. As an example, we applied a deep red over some previously painted bright green trim and the coverage is great. Brushes out really nice, and dries! Thanks Keir.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
vermontpainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 05:06 PM   #3

View timhag's Photo Album My Photos

Hey roadog, may find some good stuff here about Mythic. https://www.painttalk.com/showthread....ghlight=Mythic

timhag is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2008, 07:40 PM   #4
Mythic Paint Support

Rewards Points: 150
View KeirK's Photo Album My Photos

Thanks for the great feedback!
I look forward to seeing the pictures of the Ice Cream Parlor in NO, and the VT project.
You guys are great, glad you are as happy as I am proud with our products!
Keir

KeirK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KeirK For This Useful Post:
TERRY365PAINTER (02-06-2012)
Old 02-17-2008, 01:23 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 514
View GMack's Photo Album My Photos

I'm hoping somebody can directly compare AFM Safecoat to Mythic in an all-encompassing way, KeirK included . . . It must be about nine years ago that I used Safecoat on a big project on Long Island, working for somebody else at the time. I remember being very skeptical but pretty impressed with the products. I have never used Mythic.

Some things to consider:

-Having read through the other Mythic thread, I now understand, at least on a superficial level, the differences between VOC's and toxins. Is Safecoat non-toxic as well?

- I remember Safecoat being thick, almost like a paste, right out of the can, but thinning it almost a gallon per five gallons. It then flowed like a typical water-based paint. Mythic?

- I don't remember how Safecoat leveled out. Can anyone speak to this. What about Mythic?

- The biggest challenge we faced with Safecoat was that it wasn't sold locally and we had to order it direct. We were constantly waiting for orders after color changes, add-ons, mis-mixes. Has anyone dealt with either company lately in this manner? Though a lot of the good/bad about this topic falls on the delivery company, it doesn't hurt to have the paint compnay at least sensative to the issues. Anyone?

Thanks,
Mack
GMack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 01:28 PM   #6

Thanked 5,929 Times in 3,434 Posts
View vermontpainter's Photo Album My Photos

[quote=GMack;14984]
Some things to consider:

- I remember Safecoat being thick, almost like a paste, right out of the can, but thinning it almost a gallon per five gallons. It then flowed like a typical water-based paint. Mythic?

We have been dabbling with it on loose trim in our shop for a couple of weeks now. The coverage characteristics, brushability, leveling and dry times are excellent.

- The biggest challenge we faced with Safecoat was that it wasn't sold locally and we had to order it direct. We were constantly waiting for orders after color changes, add-ons, mis-mixes. Has anyone dealt with either company lately in this manner? Though a lot of the good/bad about this topic falls on the delivery company, it doesn't hurt to have the paint compnay at least sensative to the issues. Anyone?

We have been getting it FedEx-ed directly from Mythic (twice now) and it takes about a week. We will be taking it into the field tomorrow for the first time on a residential repaint, using flat ceiling, semigloss trim and eggshell wall paints. Should have alot of feedback across the range of products in a couple of days. So far...and this is coming from a BM snob, its really, really good.

vermontpainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2008, 02:56 PM   #7
Mythic Paint Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMack View Post
I'm hoping somebody can directly compare AFM Safecoat to Mythic in an all-encompassing way, KeirK included . . . It must be about nine years ago that I used Safecoat on a big project on Long Island, working for somebody else at the time. I remember being very skeptical but pretty impressed with the products. I have never used Mythic.

Some things to consider:

-Having read through the other Mythic thread, I now understand, at least on a superficial level, the differences between VOC's and toxins. Is Safecoat non-toxic as well?

KeirK: Some of Safe Coats products are non-toxic, some arent. If you look on their website you wll find, a flat and a zero VOC flat, same with eggshell etc. The reason they carry two products I suspect is because of the poor performance of their zero VOC products. Our products are all NON toxic, we will not have a product that contains them, our products outperform the market leaders in the ASTM scrub tests and overall performance. Safe Coat is marketed as a "green" product and belongs there. Mythic is a performing product, it beats out the big boys and has no safety risks. There is a difference.

KeirK: Mythic, does not need to be thinned, it is designed from the ground up to have all of the charachteristics of the Highest performing brands plus...

- I don't remember how Safecoat leveled out. Can anyone speak to this. What about Mythic?
KeirK: See others comments, you know my answer.

KeirK: I couldn't agree more. It is really difficult to love a product you cant get locally. We are on a tremendous growth spree adding stores quickly. We will have a national presence by years end, and this will be a moot point. However, in the shortfall, we are shipping direct where we do not have stores. You can have it rushed etc... We are very sesitive to time, and although we ship out samples cheaply, we do try to make deadlines carrier dependent.

Thanks,
Mack
Thanks Mack, great questions.
Keir

Old 02-17-2008, 08:52 PM   #8

I normally use BM, but when Mythic is in my area it will become my product. I have never used Safecoat. I hope mythic expands rapidly!

Old 02-17-2008, 09:25 PM   #9

Rewards Points: 75
View DW Custom Painting's Photo Album My Photos

Where can I find Mythic paint in my area... Philadelphia
DW Custom Painting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 10:26 AM   #10
Mythic Paint Support

There is a store called Greenable there.
http://www.greenable.org/products.php

Old 02-18-2008, 01:29 PM   #11

Rewards Points: 10
View glenn's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
I normally use BM, but when Mythic is in my area it will become my product. I have never used Safecoat. I hope mythic expands rapidly!
Here is some good news;we are opening a new store in Ridgefield CT @ 17 Catoonah st projecting date March 1st.Anything I can awnser call any time
(914)241-6757 Mythic Paint

Last edited by glenn; 02-18-2008 at 01:33 PM..
glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 08:14 PM   #12

View Z paint's Photo Album My Photos

i have used mythic once and i really liked it...my review is in a past thread...i have only used the flat so far and i really want to use the eggshell and semi-gloss....keirk is there any new news on more locations in philly area?greenables is very helpfull customer service wise but sometimes i am working to far from them to use them as much as i would like...
Z paint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 10:10 PM   #13

View thepainterr4you's Photo Album My Photos
Default mythic

anyone know if there us a dealer in RI
thepainterr4you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2008, 11:31 PM   #14

Maybe Mythic should put a "find a dealer" link on there web site???

Old 02-19-2008, 10:05 AM   #15

Quote:
Maybe Mythic should put a "find a dealer" link on there web site???
That would be a BIG help, I am in West Chester Pa. anything close to me besides Phila. locations?
Old 02-19-2008, 11:51 AM   #16
Mythic Paint Support

We are going to put a dealer locator on the site. We have been revamping the whole site, but you can always call the hotline for up to date dealers. Additionally, if there is not a dealer in your area, you can either call in an order or order online shortly. We are adding dealers very quickly, but if you have a preferred dealer you want us to talk to, please send me a private message and I will have them contacted.
Thanks,
Keir
Hotline (888) 714-9422

Old 02-19-2008, 08:59 PM   #17

Kerik any chance in getting a sample gallon or two? I've used other brands such as BM Eco spec and so on, not impressed. SW Durations is nice however not a true "Green" product (nor is BM Aura). The dealers near me (Phila.)want $52.00 per gallon for Mythic paint. I generally work w/ a sales rep. and get better pricing.... Your thoughts?
Old 02-19-2008, 11:23 PM   #18
Mythic Paint Support

What dealer wants $52 per gallon? Cant imagine that that is true.... please advise.
Keir

Old 02-20-2008, 12:20 AM   #19

View Z paint's Photo Album My Photos

dw what dealers did u go to im curious?
Z paint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 12:32 AM   #20
Mythic Paint Support

Also what sheen were you trying to buy?

Tags
None