ads i have recieved from painters - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > General Painting Discussion

Old 11-21-2009, 10:50 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 570
View mr.fixit's Photo Album My Photos
Default ads i have recieved from painters

Hey guys, got a couple of ads in the mail yesterday and thought i would share them with all, just so you could see what is going on in my area. first guy: you pay to paint 2 rooms get the 3rd room painted free or paint 3 rooms and get all ceilings free. 2nd guy will paint,plaster,mold removal,caulk,hang pictures or shelves or any basic handyman work $360.00 per 8 hours you supply materials

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mr.fixit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mr.fixit For This Useful Post:
nEighter (11-21-2009), RCP (11-21-2009), Wolfgang (11-21-2009)

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2009, 03:50 PM   #2
Renegade Mod

Rewards Points: 114
Thanked 8,635 Times in 4,028 Posts
View Wolfgang's Photo Album My Photos

8 hours for $360 = $45/hr. Liveable rate in some areas.
Wolfgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 04:30 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 2,000
Thanked 1,031 Times in 753 Posts
View johnpaint's Photo Album My Photos

What? No 99 dollar room?

Never argue with a fool - they will drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
johnpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2009, 05:44 PM   #4

View nEighter's Photo Album My Photos

/\ nope they haven't found your add yet John!!

nEighter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nEighter For This Useful Post:
capitalcity painting (11-22-2009), Metro M & L (11-24-2009)
Old 11-21-2009, 07:45 PM   #5
very senior member

Thanked 5,521 Times in 3,389 Posts
View chrisn's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgang View Post
8 hours for $360 = $45/hr. Liveable rate in some areas.
I would be happy with that at this point.
chrisn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chrisn For This Useful Post:
WisePainter (11-22-2009)
Old 11-21-2009, 09:08 PM   #6

Rewards Points: 75
View Paint Works's Photo Album My Photos

sounds good to me for right now for sue.
Paint Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 09:27 PM   #7
Paint to fish

Rewards Points: 18
Thanked 5,148 Times in 2,803 Posts
View DeanV's Photo Album My Photos

To be honest, depending on how they price the rooms/ceilings, that could be workable. I would want on exclusion for large rooms on the ceiling deal though, since a big ceiling can be a pain. But I am guessing the marketing is targeting the average size home and rooms. The price for a day wage without materials, sounds good to me.
DeanV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 10:26 PM   #8
House Painting Reading PA

Rewards Points: 250
View 4ThGeneration's Photo Album My Photos

I would state that the rate is $360 per man working on the projects. If its 8 hours or 4 hours thats the rate. Tons of people will figure the $45 hour rate and just have you do a few hours work and cut you out. I would not work it like that. $360 base for no more than 8 hours though...
In Berks County PA 484-334-1311
4ThGeneration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 10:30 PM   #9

Rewards Points: 500
View WAGGZ's Photo Album My Photos

I don't think either guy is under cutting. I've thrown in a free ceiling before. And if your getting $360 a day in my area your doing great. That's over $1500 a week after your favorite uncle gets his cut. Pretty good for a one man show. Atleast in my neck of the woods it is.

About paying your favorite uncle I forgot that a lot of you also pay state income tax, my state doesn't.

I think of a fair price as one that puts my kids through private school and offers value to the homeowner... -Pressure Pros

Last edited by WAGGZ; 11-21-2009 at 10:34 PM..
WAGGZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 02:13 AM   #10

Rewards Points: 77
View larryt's Photo Album My Photos

here is the **** in my neck of the woods lately
not sure whats worse this or the guys charging 15.00 an hour
tight market up north right now

Description: XMAS SPECIAL!!! 3 ROOMS FOR $200 PLUS GST!!!!

Quality painting at reasonable prices.

We offer high end interior and exterior painting and pressure washing. Ask about our 3 rooms for $300 special. As we are new to kelowna from White Rock i am also willing to beat any written quote by 10% what a steal that is!!! All work is coverd for 3 years. Call me today and get a free quote I am now offering fall deals, give me a call and we can discuss the job and what kind of huge discount you can recieve, dont forget about the home reno tax creadit as well.

We aslo offer lawn and garden maintenance, please inquire about rates.
Terry ***-***-***x
Keywords: Topcoat Enterprises
larryt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 12:12 PM   #11
hopeless perfectionist

Rewards Points: 156
View Picky Painter's Photo Album My Photos

I see versions of that lowball crap in the toronto sun all the time, but at least the $100/room usually means walls only.
Picky Painter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 04:16 PM   #12

Rewards Points: 428
Thanked 1,956 Times in 1,184 Posts
View WisePainter's Photo Album My Photos

I stopped paying attention to the other guys after I verbally attacked a non~english speaking painter for lowballing the LIFE out of my area, and almost got banned from my home S.W. store.
Feedback is positive on my end from a handful of S.W. employees, nobody likes this guy's company around here.

I will call you out when our paths cross...

btw, he cowarded out and walked away.
tail tucked.
WisePainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 04:26 PM   #13
hopeless perfectionist

Rewards Points: 156
View Picky Painter's Photo Album My Photos

Maybe he will have an 'unfortunate" ladder accident, if ya know what I mean. Just kidding of course, but you're not the only one who would tear a strip off this lowballer.
Picky Painter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 04:29 PM   #14

View woodtradesman's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisePainter View Post
... a non~english speaking painter for lowballing the LIFE out of my area, and almost got banned from my home S.W...
Those hang around Dunn Edwards in my neck of the woods.
woodtradesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 04:33 PM   #15

Rewards Points: 428
Thanked 1,956 Times in 1,184 Posts
View WisePainter's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picky Painter View Post
Maybe he will have an 'unfortunate" ladder accident, if ya know what I mean. Just kidding of course, but you're not the only one who would tear a strip off this lowballer.
It was a huge gamble to open my yapper, they are the largest painting Co. in the area that takes credit cards, no money up front, has massive advertising, and is endorsed by the BBB.
Plus S.W. sucks on whatever they put in front of them lately what with the economy being poopy.
It was a losing battle going in alone, but I got a huge yapper to consider
after all.

WisePainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 04:50 PM   #16

View brushmstr's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.fixit View Post
Hey guys, got a couple of ads in the mail yesterday and thought i would share them with all, just so you could see what is going on in my area. first guy: you pay to paint 2 rooms get the 3rd room painted free or paint 3 rooms and get all ceilings free. 2nd guy will paint,plaster,mold removal,caulk,hang pictures or shelves or any basic handyman work $360.00 per 8 hours you supply materials

I am from Plymouth and I know the painter you are talking about. I run 2 crews and can't get the 360. But at least i'm busy.
brushmstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 10:45 AM   #17
House Painting Reading PA

Rewards Points: 250
View 4ThGeneration's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by WisePainter View Post
It was a huge gamble to open my yapper, they are the largest painting Co. in the area that takes credit cards, no money up front, has massive advertising, and is endorsed by the BBB.
Plus S.W. sucks on whatever they put in front of them lately what with the economy being poopy.
It was a losing battle going in alone, but I got a huge yapper to consider
after all.

Open accounts somewhere else. Go in person, close your accounts with SW and exclaim in a booming voice that you can not buy paint from a store that supports illegals. If they say he is not then reply why in the world cant the guy speak English. I mean I understand people "Visiting other countries on vacation", but move to a country where you do not speak the language and hope not to be taken advantage of...please!!! Lucky I was not the one they were dealing with because there is always other stores to goto. Even if I had to order through the internet lol.
In Berks County PA 484-334-1311
4ThGeneration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:26 AM   #18

Thanked 1,028 Times in 672 Posts
View plainpainter's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.fixit View Post
I am on the 'northshore' and believe me, I've been thinking very seriously about paint 3 rooms and get the 4th free. But honestly the way things are going now - I doubt I'd get any bites at all.

Where the professionals go to make sure Harry homeowner isn't getting too many quotes!
plainpainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 12:31 PM   #19

Rewards Points: 570
View mr.fixit's Photo Album My Photos

i did not know what was a good price and what was not just thought i would throw it out there for all to see. now when it comes to repairing equipment
i know the answers. Happy Thanksgiving to all

mr.fixit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None