Airlessco factory to close - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > General Painting Discussion

Old 12-17-2009, 01:08 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 570
View mr.fixit's Photo Album My Photos
Default Airlessco factory to close

just thought all would like to know that Graco is shutting down the Airlessco operation in Moorpark,California and moving everything to Minnesota. not sure exactly when but soon. all 200 people will soon be unemployed, most had option to work in Minnesota but no takers. I cannot imagine why anybody would not want to relocate from Cali to Minnesota in December.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mr.fixit is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2009, 01:33 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 10
View nuevopintor's Photo Album My Photos

wow! thats really disheartening... so much's happening, it been an year i didnt visit california!
nuevopintor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:16 PM   #3
Paint Store Owner

Rewards Points: 2,000
Thanked 2,995 Times in 1,802 Posts
View NCPaint1's Photo Album My Photos

You knew it was going to happen.....why run 2 factories when 1 is enough. I really wish at least a couple people had re-located, they had some great tech's who really knew the equipment inside and out.

NCPaint1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2009, 02:20 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 2,658
Thanked 6,792 Times in 4,040 Posts
View ewingpainting.net's Photo Album My Photos

Being from Cali you'd think they would have had displays in some of my vendors. I never even herd of them until PT.
BTW California is not all doom and gloom. I'm looking at a wonderful year to come. Can't wait!
ewingpainting.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 03:10 PM   #5
Paint Store Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewingpainting.net View Post
Being from Cali you'd think they would have had displays in some of my vendors. I never even herd of them until PT.
BTW California is not all doom and gloom. I'm looking at a wonderful year to come. Can't wait!
I guess you could say that they were the Ferrari of the Airless world. Not a ton of those dealerships around either. I just hope Graco keeps the pumps going, and everything will stay the same other than the relocate.

Old 12-17-2009, 04:07 PM   #6
Renegade Mod

Rewards Points: 520
Thanked 8,618 Times in 4,015 Posts
View Wolfgang's Photo Album My Photos

I've got 5 Airlessco pumps. I was afraid this would happen when Graco bought them. One of the main reasons I switched to Airlessco was because I was getting fed up with the quality issues of Graco and Titan. I have yet to have any of my Airlessco pumps in the shop for anything. The 695, 1095, 395 and the 440's and 640's have all made the rounds for the same problems over and over. Just keeping my fingers crossed that the Airlessco line will still maintain their standards.
Wolfgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 04:56 PM   #7

Rewards Points: 570
View mr.fixit's Photo Album My Photos

just heard this afternoon that Scott Swoboda who is a tech guy is going to make the move. they did make a good product I service probably 30 or 40 Prospray 1000's that were built from 1996 thru 1998 that are still going strong.
they have used the same fluid sections for many years, i hope that Graco does not cheapen them up they are built like tanks and have that great slow stroke to them just like the Speeflo's

mr.fixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 06:33 PM   #8

Rewards Points: 2,486
Thanked 6,705 Times in 4,460 Posts
View Workaholic's Photo Album My Photos

If I was in any good spot on the food chain in the company I would of relocated.
I only know the name never used their pumps.
Workaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 06:40 PM   #9
Paint to fish

Rewards Points: 152
Thanked 5,138 Times in 2,797 Posts
View DeanV's Photo Album My Photos

I have one older Airlessco (I think a 1100SL). I bought it used and it was covered with enough paint that it is hard to tell the model. It is a good pump. No problems yet.
DeanV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:21 PM   #10
Paint Store Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanV View Post
I have one older Airlessco (I think a 1100SL). I bought it used and it was covered with enough paint that it is hard to tell the model. It is a good pump. No problems yet.

1100 SL is an Airlessco for sure, and a great one. Big and heavy....quality. Those pumps retail around $4K easy new. Its a 1.1 GPM pump, could run 2 guns if you wanted for light to medium materials. 1 gun for block fillers and dry fall. If you can read the serial number on it the first 2 digits are the year it was manufactured.

Tags
None