Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

To all you Benjamin Moore go to users

8K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  PACman 
#1 ·
If a rep for example from PPG, or SW was saving you $10-$15 a gallon less than what you were paying for regal in a manor Hall or emerald consistently, and was readily available for either dropship or pickup would you switch over for g

#3 ·
Manor Hall is already $20 cheaper than Regal for me right now. I really like Manor Hall. However, the PPG stores are few and far between in my area so I’ll stick with BM. I get great service and much wider variety of products at my local BM dealer, who also stocks some PPG products but not Manor Hall.

SW is everywhere. I tried using their products before and some are good, but I think BM is superior in quality, ease of use, consistency of results and finish. Plus you never know what idiot you’re gonna get behind the counter at SW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
30 years i've heard this complaint. It won't STOP until the majority of painters quit enabling them and buy somewhere else i'm afraid. And it wouldn't BE this way if SW didn't have a policy to drive knowledgeable, long term, and EXPENSIVE employees out of work so they can replace them with recent college graduates. They've been doing this for at least 30 years.

#5 ·
Yes. I love Benjamin Moore, and if we're strictly talking high end homes, no one can touch them. However, Manor Hall is definitely right on Regal's heels in quality. The major factor though is selection; PPG is the largest paint manufacturer in the world. If you need to spec out a commercial job, don't even bother trying with BM. They know their market and are very comfortable in it. Meanwhile PPGs quality is pretty effing close overall to BM and they have a huge range of products. And if we're being honest, BM cant touch their prices. I love BM but I couldn't give up my 6-2 sealer or their incredible DTM.

#8 ·
Yes. I love Benjamin Moore, and if we're strictly talking high end homes, no one can touch them. However, Manor Hall is definitely right on Regal's heels in quality. The major factor though is selection; PPG is the largest paint manufacturer in the world. If you need to spec out a commercial job, don't even bother trying with BM. They know their market and are very comfortable in it. Meanwhile PPGs quality is pretty effing close overall to BM and they have a huge range of products. And if we're being honest, BM cant touch their prices. I love BM but I couldn't give up my 6-2 sealer or their incredible DTM.

Superspec 253 is the ticket ;) BM has some excellent DTM's under the ultraspec, coronado and corotech lines too. In fact I can't think of too many products commercial or otherwise that PPG would spec that couldn't be crossed over to BM.

#7 ·
Price point is never an issue for me. I don't promise cheap, I promise quality. Top line PPG/Manor Hall is my main go to. Para's Hybrid Eggshell is my preferred cabinet paint and primers are all site specific but cover this range 123, seal grip, Aqualock, cover stain. The client pays the material costs so I want what works for me.

#10 ·
I did a hardy plank house a year ago in pretty much the same color. The house was only four years old and originally done in Sherwins cheapest flat exterior, duracraft.

We went with Aura, I'm curious as to how long it's going to last.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.