any deck stain that can reapplied after a few years - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > General Painting Discussion

Old 07-04-2011, 06:46 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
View twinkiestar's Photo Album My Photos
Default any deck stain that can reapplied after a few years

of all the semi-trans or the toner products on the market (Sikkens, deckscapes, arbocoat etc), which product is the easiest to reapply after 2-4 years when it is the time to apply a new coat without messy sanding down to bare wood but still able to achieve decent look?

I guess all the oil based products (cabot, Olympic) will be out, right? for the remaining waterborne products, how are their durability, do they peel off easily (no, I wont use acrylic products)?

thanks for sharing your thoughts
twinkiestar is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2011, 07:09 PM   #2
House Painting Reading PA

Rewards Points: 250
View 4ThGeneration's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkiestar View Post
of all the semi-trans or the toner products on the market (Sikkens,expensive deckscapes,Terrible junk arbocoat Never used it etc), which product is the easiest to reapply after 2-4 years when it is the time to apply a new coat without messy sanding down to bare wood but still able to achieve decent look?

Can't really let you know, but I can rule out Deckscapes.

I guess all the oil based products (cabot, Olympic)Good news on these products at least will be out, right? for the remaining waterborne products, how are their durability, do they peel off easily (no, I wont use acrylic products)?

I will use the oil based products until they take them off the market, but when they do my cost will automatically increase 25% just for the pita.

thanks for sharing your thoughts
Maybe after the do take oil off as a option they will start to develop a waterborne that will truly act like a deep penetrating oil based stain. staying in the same product and color with waterborne I can deal with, but when you try to change over colors in that stuff watch out. It will be very labor intensive and also be pricey to the customers, but tell them to take that up with the EPA.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
In Berks County PA 484-334-1311
4ThGeneration is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:42 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 3,012
Thanked 5,802 Times in 2,488 Posts
View PressurePros's Photo Album My Photos

www.armclark.com

Oils (true oils) are easiest and most friendly to maintain. Quick bleach wash and recoat every couple of years. Waterbornes form films.

PressurePros is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2011, 11:34 PM   #4

Rewards Points: 250
View hammerheart14's Photo Album My Photos

www.sansin.com
hammerheart14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None