Any one using PayPal to accept payment? - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > General Painting Discussion

Old 04-01-2011, 02:35 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 75
View paintr56's Photo Album My Photos
Default Any one using PayPal to accept payment?

I used to accept credit card payments, but I only averaged maybe three or four a year. The monthly fees were kind of high for the volume. I just got set up to get paid through PayPal. No annual fees, just under 3% transaction fee. Looks like it will be easy to use. I just send an Email invoice. It has a link to PayPal where they will accept credit card payment and then transfer it to my account.

Any one have experience with this? What is your opinion?

Jim
paintr56 is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2011, 08:09 AM   #2
Born To Be Mild

Rewards Points: 2,000
Thanked 1,704 Times in 1,000 Posts
View bikerboy's Photo Album My Photos

I use Paypal. (sent an invoice this morning) The only drawback I see is that the invoices come from Paypal and not me. You just have to warn the customer so they read the email.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

bikerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 10:31 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 556
View LA Painter's Photo Album My Photos

Do you charge the customer the 3% fee, or eat it yourself?
LA Painter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2011, 10:59 AM   #4
Estimator/Instructor

Rewards Points: 500
View Harry's Photo Album My Photos
Send a message via Skype™ to Harry

I hope you're adding that fee to the job.
Old 04-02-2011, 09:21 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 27
View tmort024's Photo Album My Photos

used it for the past 5 years. only a couple per year but it beats the other cc pricing scams. safe and secure is all a customer really wants. if i know they will be pay with cc i will work the 3% into the price. If it comes up at the end of the job and they ask if i can accept a cc, i say yes but i get charged a small fee and i split the fee.
tmort024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 09:35 PM   #6

View One Coat Coverage's Photo Album My Photos

I accept credit cards, but it is rare that someone wants to pay with one.
One Coat Coverage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 10:59 PM   #7

Rewards Points: 10
View dougdstecklein's Photo Album My Photos

In my experience most of the people that want to use a credit card, do so to get flyer miles, or whatever other perk their credit card company offers. I cancelled my merchants account a few years ago when I heard about paypal. I always tell the client there is a 3% convenience fee and they all decide to just pay by check. Paypal beats paying monthly fees for a credit card processing company.

Olathe House Painters

Olathe Painting Contractors
dougdstecklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:37 PM   #8
old enough?

Rewards Points: 79
View admirableptg's Photo Album My Photos

If the credit card companies found you are charging a fee they will not me very happy, think it is against there user agreement, or at least dont advertise it. we take credit through mercant services over the phone. payment gets deposited to business acct in two days. for most cards i think we pay 1.7%. a couple years back we lost a large contract because we didnt accept them. i think you secure a better rate than paypal through other means.
admirableptg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:56 PM   #9

View BC_Painter's Photo Album My Photos

If the credit company finds out that you charged a convenience fee, they can refund the customers money, it is against the merchant agreement.

You CAN however mark up your prices 3 % then offer a discount for cash or cheque payments.

Real Life Steve Austin the Bionic Man
BC_Painter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None