anybody used this before? - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > General Painting Discussion

Old 12-22-2018, 01:29 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 168
View hammerhead's Photo Album My Photos
Default anybody used this before?

https://www.amazon.com/Sashco-Sealan...s=tinted+caulk

Thinking about trying it
hammerhead is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2018, 01:56 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 1,602
View cocomonkeynuts's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerhead View Post

Yes although you can tint any clear caulk with the caulk mixing tool, these are very easy to use, fast and better quality than regular painters caulk. Pretty pricey though compared to tinting painters caulk. The contractor box comes with 6x 30ml syringe, 6x catalyst & 6x screw on tips. You need to shake them twice. Once after mixing in the paint then again after adding the catalyst. The Tube unscrews from the top where you add fluid, then you add a screw on tip when its ready. I found it helps to use the syringe to blow air into the tube first to create a cavity to add the fluids. I would say it takes 3-4 minutes per tube to mix, shake then rest for 30minutes.

Shelf life 1year after mixing.

Last edited by cocomonkeynuts; 12-22-2018 at 01:59 PM..
cocomonkeynuts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 06:19 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 5,198
View Woodco's Photo Album My Photos

You can use any clear caulk with a caulk mixing tool. pop the end cap off, scoop alittle out, add some of the paint, and mix it up. The problem is, clear caulk has a high sheen to it, so its very rare that I use mine.

We even mixed a metallic silver oil base into it and it mixes.
Woodco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2018, 01:22 AM   #4

Rewards Points: 1,602
View cocomonkeynuts's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodco View Post
You can use any clear caulk with a caulk mixing tool. pop the end cap off, scoop alittle out, add some of the paint, and mix it up. The problem is, clear caulk has a high sheen to it, so its very rare that I use mine.

We even mixed a metallic silver oil base into it and it mixes.

Yup it works fine until you have 30+ tubes to mix, then it becomes quite a workout. If you can mix them in 1/2 the time the sascho ones pay for themselves.

easy way to pull out the end of a clear tube is to squeeze right around the base where the end is to create a small gap between the tube then pinch with needle nose pliers & pull it out. Mix in 10ml of paint then use the tool for 1-2min until mixed. Use a paper clip to create a shim/air gap then push the end back into place. Works pretty well but a lot of manual work. I wouldn't attempt more than 3-5.

Last edited by cocomonkeynuts; 12-23-2018 at 01:26 AM..
cocomonkeynuts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 11:10 AM   #5
kmp

Rewards Points: 2,434
View kmp's Photo Album My Photos

I bought the red devil caulk tint tool a bunch of years ago and used it a few times and it now sit on a shelve in my garage. It worked best with their caulk and with lighter colors. Worked but messy and kind of a pain to clean and not much of a time saver.
kmp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None