Bleeder gun sprays paint even when trigger is not pulled - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > General Painting Discussion

Old 10-24-2013, 09:23 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10
View dynamicjj1's Photo Album My Photos
Default Bleeder gun sprays paint even when trigger is not pulled

I have a bleeder hvlp siphon feed, it continues to spray paint even when trigger is not pulled. Any common reasons??
dynamicjj1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2013, 09:30 PM   #2
PaInTeR ExTrAoRdInAiRe

Rewards Points: 1,172
Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,569 Posts
View ReNt A PaInTeR's Photo Album My Photos

Broken needle maybe? pics?

|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|
ReNt A PaInTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:07 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 10
View dynamicjj1's Photo Album My Photos

Not broken, it is new and it was working fine one minute and the next it sprayed a small amount of paint even when the trigger was off. Maybe dirt in there? Make needle not seat perfectly. It was after an extended use and lots of dried paint all over it. ?? I just am hoping to find out if there is an easy explanation.
dynamicjj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2013, 10:08 PM   #4
PaInTeR ExTrAoRdInAiRe

Rewards Points: 1,172
Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,569 Posts
View ReNt A PaInTeR's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamicjj1 View Post
Not broken, it is new and it was working fine one minute and the next it sprayed a small amount of paint even when the trigger was off. Maybe dirt in there? Make needle not seat perfectly. It was after an extended use and lots of dried paint all over it. ?? I just am hoping to find out if there is an easy explanation.
Remove the diffusser and see if something is there.

|
|
|
|
|
ReNt A PaInTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:08 PM   #5

Rewards Points: 1,384
Thanked 1,043 Times in 675 Posts
View MikeCalifornia's Photo Album My Photos

Your needle is not springing back, check out the little plastic piece near the trigger.
MikeCalifornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:13 AM   #6

Rewards Points: 150
View ibsocal's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamicjj1 View Post
strain your paint sometimes I double strain it.
packing nut to tight and or needs a drop of oil (lubrication) for needle to slide back and forth.
beside what you already know and what has been said.
ibsocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:22 AM   #7
Painting Contractor

Rewards Points: 7,038
Thanked 2,729 Times in 1,600 Posts
View Damon T's Photo Album My Photos

Clean it thoroughly, check the packing nut tightness, and good luck.
Damon T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:39 AM   #8

Rewards Points: 160
View TrueColors's Photo Album My Photos

Clean It out,Check the needle and cap. probably a tiny piece of something preventing the needle from fully seating.
TrueColors is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bleeder gun, hvlp, spray painting, troubleshooting