BM 508 Waterborne ceiling paint sprayed today - Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum
CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY, IT'S FREE!
Go Back   Paint Talk - Professional Painting Contractors Forum > Painting Forum > General Painting Discussion

Old 04-06-2009, 10:37 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 250
View Rick the painter's Photo Album My Photos
Default BM 508 Waterborne ceiling paint sprayed today

Odor well much lower than Muresco,sampled coverage a a dark colored wall,excellent.Babies in the house,worked great.
Rick the painter is offline   Reply With Quote

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. PaintTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2009, 11:19 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 75
View BMDealer's Photo Album My Photos

Thats great........with the 508 we've sold more color than the actual pre-mix white thus far. Trouble free and very positive feedback. I'm glad to here it worked out for you.
BMDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:43 PM   #3

Rewards Points: 500
View painttofish's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick the painter View Post
Odor well much lower than Muresco,sampled coverage a a dark colored wall,excellent.Babies in the house,worked great.

SPELL CHECK: "The odor was much lower than Muresco. A dark color covered very well. There were babies in the house who did not mind the smell and could spell great!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
painttofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2009, 11:49 PM   #4
The Lurker

Rewards Points: 2,000
View MAK-Deco's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
We have had good luck with it as well. Have not tried it any dark colors just off whites as we have just used it for ceilings.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MAK-Deco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:14 AM   #5

Rewards Points: 75
View BMDealer's Photo Album My Photos

I hope that many understand this paint "508" isn't designed for walls themselves. It is not a very durable finish at all and was designed for ceilings which are out of reach. With kids it will be a nightmare with hand marks and burnishing that can not be cleaned. Sorry wasn't aware Rick used this on a wall.......I did have one older gentleman make us tint it to ebony and he used it for a media room though. Ceilings is the best application for this product in my opinion.
BMDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:39 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMDealer View Post
I hope that many understand this paint "508" isn't designed for walls themselves. It is not a very durable finish at all and was designed for ceilings which are out of reach. With kids it will be a nightmare with hand marks and burnishing that can not be cleaned. Sorry wasn't aware Rick used this on a wall.......I did have one older gentleman make us tint it to ebony and he used it for a media room though. Ceilings is the best application for this product in my opinion.
Sorry for the shorthand guys...long day yesterday I did use it just for a ceiling,before i sprayed it i tested the blockout ability on the wall in the same room which im painting also.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:40 PM   #7

Default Purdy roller cover quality?

Sorry if i appear to be rambling in these threads guys.You know what its like,your help halfway cares and paint store guys dont want to hear it.This forum is a great outlet to vent this stuff to people who actually care.Okay,with that said,whats up with the Purdy half inch covers with the large gaps in the roller nap,especially when first wetted? Ive never used another cover in over 20 years.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:02 PM   #8

Rewards Points: 428
Thanked 1,956 Times in 1,184 Posts
View WisePainter's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Sorry if i appear to be rambling in these threads guys.You know what its like,your help halfway cares and paint store guys dont want to hear it.This forum is a great outlet to vent this stuff to people who actually care.
Careful, you will find even less sympathy around here sometimes...

I hear you though and I understand fully, I can empathize with a decent rant.

Move over to the Purdy Colossus 3/4".
WisePainter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None