Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

BM superhide replacement

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  SWPB 
#1 ·
Could use some suggestions.

Semi retired contractor and also have a few rentals. Just on rentals and for past 20 years have used Ben Moore Superhide on interior. Previous 20 years used Pittsburg.
Also a account at SW and for exterior is superpaint or duration.

Anyway the superpaint was a good price and one of my guys is excellent and makes it look good. With rentals does not make much difference. Average tenant stays 5 years. And not matter how washable the paint is. We still repaint anyways. So much higher quailty makes little to no difference.

And a big reason I stayed with BM was owner of local BM store was a friend on mine. One other reason was the speedhide was the only brand I could find that came in a factory mixed bone white. Sad to say he recently passed a away and store will close.

Do have another store 15 min away. But now I am open to what is best contractor grade Flat paint.
I have local store PPG-Pittsburg , SW and can set one up at this other BM store.

Thanks for any input

See less See more
#5 ·
Lets muddy the water. I presume you were using the old Superhide and not the current Superhide Zero. The old Superhide was better (and is still sold in some areas). I'd avoid SW & ProMar ... less performance / value, a staff that rotates every few years (hard to build relationships), and price increases that occur one or two times per year, generally at 5% a pop.

That 62 line from Coronado (available to all BM dealers) is what I see in all of the spec homes in the "below $250k" housing market. Touches up great and covers well. Products that aren't as good at touching up usually rear their head between seasons. Example: original coat was done in early winter and the touch up was performed in late spring (big temperature difference). Poor products will polka dot the space.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.