Professional Painting Contractors Forum banner

Commercial painting in MA need help

3K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  marksimon112 
#1 ·
I am wondering if I could pick some ones brain about commercial work, we are bidding on our first commercial job and have a few questions, I would prefer to message back and forth. Thank you in advance. I have done commercial for my old boss but haven't bid one yet, I am not looking for going rates.

Dave

#5 ·
I don't mind if any one wants to post on here feel free maybe other can read some of the commercial painters approach/ideas and other can see it looking for answers can find them here.
I had numbers I mentioned thats why I wanted to message and not post for all to see. have to keep some things a secret :whistling2:

#9 ·
Yes and no, this is our first commercial bid, but it is my old boss of 15 years that is in charge so I have an in, I just hope my numbers are good. It's in Boston and a decent drive I did add the extra for gas, no parking fees as they own an alley to park in. So far unless they add more it's about 2-3 weeks of work.

#10 ·
Been doing commercial retail, new , tenant fit outs, prevailing wage for to long. Feel free to message if something comes up on the job. Depending on what type of commercial it is you can get hurt by the GC. You said you know the boss have a in so that's a good thing but still good to know what your up against. Good luck! Done my fare share in town hate those parking tickets in Back Bay...

Just finished small commerical near Brigham Women's hospital I wont see a check from this one for at least 90-120 days probably longer. This GC takes 180 days most jobs! :mad:

#11 ·
Been doing commercial retail, new , tenant fit outs, prevailing wage for to long. Feel free to message if something comes up on the job. Depending on what type of commercial it is you can get hurt by the GC. You said you know the boss have a in so that's a good thing but still good to know what your up against. Good luck! Done my fare share in town hate those parking tickets in Back Bay...

Just finished small commerical near Brigham Women's hospital I wont see a check from this one for at least 90-120 days probably longer. This GC takes 180 days most jobs! :mad:
180!? That's a bunch of interest racked up, right?

#16 ·
Think, we are in the same boat a lot. GC on a church still owes us 5% on a job from Nov. 2012. The job has no CO so the bank won't release final.

Commercial blows.

Also a quick thought, the OP said 2-3 week job. How are you bidding properly when you have a week discrepancy? Just curious. I'm sure your numbers are great, but just love when guys say that they have a 2-4 week job....unless its time and material

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.